Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin PC 12/11

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tomlin PC 12/11

News and Notes from his PC:

OL-

DeCastro is now working his way back into football shape and if the staff likes what they see from him this week or the coming weeks, DD will go in at RG and Foster will go to LG. Pouncey back to C.

Colon had surgery on knee and is out. Probably will go on IR, but they will not make that call right now...

Polamalu still nursing his calf, but should be ok for Dallas.

Cortez Allen has a hip flexor and it sounded as though he will be very questionable for Sunday's game......

K. Lewis also has a hip flexor but not as bad as Allen's. Other CB's will see serious time playing on Sunday.....

Adams is still out. Woodley is working his way back, but still not quite ready to go.

He simply put the loss on bad field position in 1st half and not able to convert 3rd downs to get out of it. Also-

Per Tomlin-- The 14 points given up in the 3rd quarter with the long SD drive and then the lateral call is what did them in and put them too far behind to successfully come back. duh.

I think they better get the ST worked on... It's been terrible. Too many flags....
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-11-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man of 10,000 words when about 20 would suffice. I can see why old man Rooney got sold on him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    DeCastro is now working his way back into football shape and if the staff likes what they see from him this week or the coming weeks, DD will go in at RG and Foster will go to LG. Pouncey back to C.
    I like the sound of this, as I believe that it puts the best players on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's with all the injuries? Something really weird seems to be happening. No one can stay healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

If DeCastro needed to work his way back into football shape, why did they activate him to the active roster after only one week of practice, when they could have had him practicing for 3 weeks before the team needed to decide whether to add him to the 53 man roster or remain on I.R. for the rest of the year. If DeCastro spent those 3 weeks practicing before we activated, we wouldn't have had to cut Hoyer last week to make room for Victorian, for instance.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good question......

Damn. Shows you how much I've been paying attn. during the week. I did not know they cut Hoyer. That's a bad move. I was sort of hoping that guy could've hung around for awhile. Maybe he could've ended up as our long term #2 QB....

Well, the local radio sure has a bunch of pi$$ed off fans calling in regarding Tomlin's response to him not going for the 2 pt conversion. All saying he gave up on any comeback..... Tomlin was asked about it at the PC and he basically blew it off and said they weren't in any position to catch up... This comment from the HC is a joke...
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Damn. Shows you how much I've been paying attn. during the week. I did not know they cut Hoyer. That's a bad move. I was sort of hoping that guy could've hung around for awhile. Maybe he could've ended up as our long term #2 QB....

Well, the local radio sure has a bunch of pi$$ed off fans calling in regarding Tomlin's response to him not going for the 2 pt conversion. All saying he gave up on any comeback..... I tend to agree...
    and guess who signed Hoyer? Hint: It's the team named after a red bird that have lost nine in a row.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, the local radio sure has a bunch of pi$$ed off fans calling in regarding Tomlin's response to him not going for the 2 pt conversion. All saying he gave up on any comeback..... I tend to agree...
    I bet he is resigned to a futures contract in the off season
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

His excuse for not going for two was pathetic to be honest. I personally feel he didn't even know what was going on at that point.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    His excuse for not going for two was pathetic to be honest. I personally feel he didn't even know what was going on at that point.
    That's exactly right; his explanation was merely to make an excuse for a F'd up decision. That is all. It is becoming more and more apparent that MT is weak minded. He may look cool, act cool and all of that, but he ain't swift when it comes to making decisions. He appears to be over his head and that is becoming more obvious with each passing game.