Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Ravens Fire Cam Cameron

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Ravens Fire Cam Cameron

For as bad as things look after yesterday, the Ravens just fired Cam Cameron with three games left in the season. Jim Caldwell, who has never been an OC, will replace him.

This might actually help the Ravens, whose under-utilization of Ray Rice has been mind boggling.

Rookie

User Info Menu

So, the defense gives up the FG in OT, but Cam is fired?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    So, the defense gives up the FG in OT, but Cam is fired?
    Actually.. the ST's gave up a long return after the Rats offense went 3 and out(ugly possession) to start OT.

It's not Cam Cameron... well, yeah it is, it's more on Flacco but I think Cam tried to hard to make Flacco into a star.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Actually.. the ST's gave up a long return after the Rats offense went 3 and out(ugly possession) to start OT.
    Between Cameron and Harbaugh, which one was a special teams coach? hmmm....

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like he took the fall for others, maybe?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet he gets picked up again before too long.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

reeks of a panic move by the douchebag HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    reeks of a panic move by the douchebag HC.

I agree. This was all about throwing a sacrifice on the alter to deflect blame from "Hairball" himself
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Cam Cameron seemed like his coaching star was on the rise when he turned his head coaching gig at Indiana (during the Randle El era there) into a successful run at the O.C. in San Diego.

However, after his one disasterous season as head coach of the Dolphins, he's been O.C. of the Ravens since then (you'd think he would have realized after several seasons that Ray Rice is a weapon and everyone else on offensive pretty much sucks, right?). His mind-boggling stupid play calling in Baltimore made Bruce Arians look like Bill Walsh. That's one gripe that annoying Ravens fans often had on-the-money.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Cam Cameron seemed like his coaching star was on the rise when he turned his head coaching gig at Indiana (during the Randle El era there) into a successful run at the O.C. in San Diego.

However, after his one disasterous season as head coach of the Dolphins, he's been O.C. of the Ravens since then (you'd think he would have realized after several seasons that Ray Rice is a weapon and everyone else on offensive pretty much sucks, right?). His mind-boggling stupid play calling in Baltimore made Bruce Arians look like Bill Walsh. That's one gripe that annoying Ravens fans often had on-the-money.
    IIRC Jim Caldwell has never been an OC. Is that correct? If true, love the move by the idiots in B-more.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"