Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Ravens Fire Cam Cameron

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    IIRC Jim Caldwell has never been an OC. Is that correct? If true, love the move by the idiots in B-more.
    You are correct...he's never been an O.C.

Iowa
    (graduate assistant)
    Southern Illinois
    (wide receivers coach)
    Northwestern
    (offensive assistant)
    Colorado
    (wide receivers coach)
    Louisville
    (wide receivers coach)
    Penn State
    (quarterbacks coach)
    Wake Forest
    (head coach)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    (quarterbacks coach)
    Indianapolis Colts
    (quarterbacks coach/ assistant head coach)
    Indianapolis Colts
    (head coach)
    Baltimore Ravens
    (offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach)
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Actually.. the ST's gave up a long return after the Rats offense went 3 and out(ugly possession) to start OT.
    Between Cameron and Harbaugh, which one was a special teams coach? hmmm....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Cam Cameron seemed like his coaching star was on the rise when he turned his head coaching gig at Indiana (during the Randle El era there) into a successful run at the O.C. in San Diego.

However, after his one disasterous season as head coach of the Dolphins, he's been O.C. of the Ravens since then (you'd think he would have realized after several seasons that Ray Rice is a weapon and everyone else on offensive pretty much sucks, right?). His mind-boggling stupid play calling in Baltimore made Bruce Arians look like Bill Walsh. That's one gripe that annoying Ravens fans often had on-the-money.
    Yeah, I saw that many of them were upset, rightfully so, that Ray Rice did not have a carry in the fourth quarter against Pittsburgh. I get that you want to avoid running Rice until the wheels come off, but he is a heck of a weapon who Cameron does not use enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the guy I don't want to see there is norv turner.

he is a joke as a HC, but a very good OC.
    I agree. I actually wanted him here, had they fired him sooner. Happy with Haley, though.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he coach the O-line

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want to see them ride Rice. Unless they make the wheels fall off quicker.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is somewhat puzzling. I guess you have to go with Jon H. needing to throw the sacrificial lamb out there to deflect blame. I do have to say one thing: If I were a Rat's fan, I would be very angry over how many games, in the 2nd half, Cam had Flacco throw tons of passes - and he seemed to go no where and not make first downs - instead of keeping the play mix more balanced giving Rice touches. As a Steeler fan, that trend pleased me, but that is one area where Cam just seemed to create brain farts on a steady basis. Flacco seemed to go from accurate deep throws when the rushing game is going, to all-of-a-sudden beyond inconsistent when they go into a heavy pass dose on play calling. Yes, it did seem the team was desirous of Flacco proving to be a top tier QB, but is he? He shows flashes but he also consistently shows that when they go pass heavy, he starts to press and starts to panic and throw bad balls.

Regardless, it's probably good news for us that they made such an extreme move so late in the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Regardless, it's probably good news for us that they made such an extreme move so late in the season.
    I doubt it impacts us at all. Baltimore is by far the weakest of the 4 AFC division leaders, so they will likely get the 4th seed. If we manage to sneak in to the playoffs as a wildcard, it will be as the #6 seed, since we aren't passing Indy at this point. Therefore, if we got in, we'd be playing in Denver or New England (whichever one of those two doesn't get the first round bye), while Baltimore would host the Colts in the reverse Irsay Mayflower Moving Truck Bowl. If there was one team I wouldn't mind facing in the playoffs, it would be Baltimore, but that's quite unlikely. I think our victory over the Ravens last week was not necessarily a reflection of strength in our team, but more of an exposure of Baltimore as a fraud.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cam Cameron breaks both legs in car accident.

[url]http://cam.cameron.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash?location=Baltimore[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Cam Cameron breaks both legs in car accident.

[url]http://cam.cameron.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/football_car_crash?location=Baltimore[/url]
    I thought this was going to say he got two broken legs because he got thrown under a bus.