Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Victorian

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure anyone could defend that pass in the endzone... he high pointed the ball and made a great catch.
    That's what I was thinking. I really thought Victorian had good coverage but the receiver was great going up for the ball. Maybe Wallace can use that play as a training video.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Brown had a bad game but it was the first I recall. His previous action has looked good.

Way too early for Victorian to know anything.
    Brown got beat like a red-headed step child all pre-season. Then he looked decent a few weeks ago, but he got toasted, just like he did in the pre-season on a double move. He is easy to sucker. Still could be a decent nickel or dime guy, though. But to leave him out on the wides seems to be a very bad move.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not sure anyone could defend that pass in the endzone... he high pointed the ball and made a great catch.
    I thought so too. SD had already put up 27 points and were now in a zone. Everything they did worked. Too bad. Victorian contested that pass and well, the guy was 6 5 or 6 6 and as you said it was a perfectly thrown ball. Victorian went up after it and just could not reach it. So instead of the kid making a great play the Charger guy did. That's the kind of day it was.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I really thought Victorian had good coverage but the receiver was great going up for the ball. Maybe Wallace can use that play as a training video.
    I think Victorian overplayed him...playing man to man you should be trailing the WR slightly. So he couldn't make a play on the ball b/c the WR was in better position to catch the ball. I think he's got very good speed, he just needs work.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought beltin Delton Hall had been reincarnated when I saw Victorian. I was like, "who the F is that?"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yea it was a nice catch and way up there, would have been a tough ball for anyone to defend. A jarring hit would have been required to knock it loose or a big a$$ corner like Sean Smith from Miami.

Legend

User Info Menu

Only think Victorian could do was beat him up on the way down but he caught it like a big man in basketball... he never brought the ball down where Victorian could strip it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Perhaps Brown's problem is that he has spent the past couple years working so much as a punt gunner and not enough in-game as a corner.

On that double move Alexander beat him with, that's almost what he looked like was a gunner with how aggressive he was trying to play it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Perhaps Brown's problem is that he has spent the past couple years working so much as a punt gunner and not enough in-game as a corner.

On that double move Alexander beat him with, that's almost what he looked like was a gunner with how aggressive he was trying to play it.
    That's some serious speculation....I highly doubt this is the case.

How much film study or field time can one man really spend practicing his GUNNER MOVES as opposed to practicing coverage skills.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    That's some serious speculation....I highly doubt this is the case.

How much film study or field time can one man really spend practicing his GUNNER MOVES as opposed to practicing coverage skills.

I'm not talking about his moves as a gunner, but more so the mind set you have to have to play that position. The gunners job is to GO. FAST.

I imagine that mindset may start to creep in on you while playing corner if your main job on game day for a year and a half is to be super aggressive as a gunner.