Thread: On December 18, 2011...

Backup

User Info Menu

Arrow On December 18, 2011...

...the New York Giants lost at home to a Washington Redskins team that entered the game with a 4-9 record. The Redskins would finish the season with a 5-11 record, and two of those five wins were against the Giants. For that matter, the Giants also lost to the Seahawks, who finished the season with a 7-9 record. Nobody took the Giants seriously as playoff contenders last December 18.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Starter

User Info Menu

Preach it, brotha!!!

Time for a win streak!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I remember a 7-5 Steelers team coming off three straight losses and needing to win out in the last 4 games of the season just to make the playoffs. They did that, in impressive fashion, and carried that momentum to a Super Bowl victory.

Now I am looking at a 7-6 team who can make the playoffs by winning out the next 3 games. I like their chances.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love my Steelers, but I'm having a real tough time believing they are a Super Bowl contender. Based on their play thus far (not just their record), it's hard enough to believe they could win out in the regular season, but I just can't see them putting together any kind of a playoff run, not against the likes of the Texans or the Broncos or--sorry--even the Colts. I hope beyond hope that they prove me wrong, but I don't think this team has the talent, the leadership, or the heart.

Legend

User Info Menu

When no one believes, the team plays its best.

Stop believing. Write them off.

Legend

User Info Menu

In order for the Steelers to progress this season, they HAVE to stop beating themselves with their own mistakes. They have to get tough mentally and stop the stupid penalties on every STs play, the offsides penalties on defense, quit giving up 3rd and longs, quit missing blocking assignments, dropping balls and missing tackles. Until they do that, they will not advance as the Giants did last season. First things first folks, fix the stupid mistakes, then think playoff run. The coming weeks will be very telling about playoff chances by simply engaging the game on a more intellectual, fundamental level.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    the offsides penalties on defense
    As an aside to your point, did anyone else notice the SD C's head move when Troy and James jumped offsides on back to back plays? I think they both were looking for his head twitch and he must have known they knew somehow. I haven't rewatched it, but it looked like he drew them off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    When no one believes, the team plays its best.

Stop believing. Write them off.
    When no one believes, Santa's sleigh can't fly (even with Buddy the Elf strapping a jet engine to the bottom of it).

The best way to spread Steelers cheer, is singing loud for all to hear...

"Oh mama, I'm in fear for my life, from the long arm of the law"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post

That's funny
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB