Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dee Milliner CB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    its a festivus miracle ovi!

seriously, I think we have enough talent at CB. They just need reps in games. Now if someone were to fall that they absolutely love, well then I could see them pulling the trigger. I'm also becoming a little leery of saban players in the NFL. Seems like a lot of them peak in college. No real numbers to back this up, just a feeling I get.
    I'd like to join this gathering around the metal pole, as I'm also among those who believe that Ike Taylor is still the best CB on the Steelers roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the airing of grievances is scheduled for next week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the way our corners got picked on today

how can you say ike has to go
    I agree, he doesn't have to go, but his cap hit is prodigious for 2013. We need him to stay and take a haircut. The other issue is Keenan Lewis. He is a URFA.

What do you do for the future? Sign him and try to keep Taylor?

Not going to happen. So we are probably deciding between Taylor and Lewis. You have to go with the guy under 30 and who is playing very well.

Legend

User Info Menu

its a festivus miracle ovi!

seriously, I think we have enough talent at CB. They just need reps in games. Now if someone were to fall that they absolutely love, well then I could see them pulling the trigger. I'm also becoming a little leery of saban players in the NFL. Seems like a lot of them peak in college. No real numbers to back this up, just a feeling I get.

OMG. It must be the Sprit of the Season overtaking us! Are you really advocating playing younger players to get them real game experience? Haven't I been saying that for years?

I do (AGAIN) agree with you about Alabama players. I for a long time have felt there was the "USC Effect" where you are on college team that has such a huge talent differencial over the opponents you are never challenged and always look dominant, i.e. USC QBs. I think DBs are a great example. A DB can always look great if the opposing QB is always under pressure making the throw. However when that pressure on the QB isn't as constant and it is more on the DB that is when we see the holes in the DBs game.

BTW--I also feel there is a "Texas Effect" too.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree, he doesn't have to go, but his cap hit is prodigious for 2013. We need him to stay and take a haircut. The other issue is Keenan Lewis. He is a URFA.

What do you do for the future? Sign him and try to keep Taylor?

Not going to happen. So we are probably deciding between Taylor and Lewis. You have to go with the guy under 30 and who is playing very well.
    It's not a decision. You have to go with Lewis. Ike may want to stay to finish his career here ala Aaron Smith and take a discount. He is rooted in the team and does he really want to go somewhere else?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't think CB is super-high on the priorities list after the season Lewis has had & the improvement in Allen. Maybe a late round CB, but Chadman would expect the CB situation to be very similar next season to this one.

Playmakers at FS & SS however, sound the go.. as well as a NT.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    OMG. It must be the Sprit of the Season overtaking us! Are you really advocating playing younger players to get them real game experience? Haven't I been saying that for years?
    I was more suggesting that when you put a guy in there due to injury and he fouls up, don't yank him at the 1st sign of trouble like I feel they did with brown yesterday. I can't advocate playing younger guys just because they are younger and you want them to get game experience. Could they do a better job of spoonfeeding the younger CBs some reps? Yes, you may have an argument there. Maybe if we could put some poor teams away early in games, it might be easier to do.

while we are agreeing, you are spot on about texas players.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was more suggesting that when you put a guy in there due to injury and he fouls up, don't yank him at the 1st sign of trouble like I feel they did with brown yesterday. I can't advocate playing younger guys just because they are younger and you want them to get game experience. Could they do a better job of spoonfeeding the younger CBs some reps? Yes, you may have an argument there. Maybe if we could put some poor teams away early in games, it might be easier to do.

while we are agreeing, you are spot on about texas players.
    is it possible brown got injured in any way? his first bad play looked so bad, he didn't look like he belonged on the field. i thought to myself as bad as wally drives me bonkers when he half arses it sometimes, he never doesn't look like an NFLer. brown just didn't belong.

there was a lot of bad play. bronko really stood out as having a rough game. but even when he got beat, he fought through it. not sure if I can describe it right, but there's just different levels of bad play. and brown was as bad as it gets.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Why anyone would want to keep Ike Taylor who will be 33 next year and is heading in the wrong direction skill wise is beyond me. Did anyone forget how horrible he played for like the first half of the season? Oh and the next big play he makes will be like his first. The Steelers need to stop holding on to players too long and start bringing in some young, hungry talent. Play makers
    the playmakers we have at corner behind ike were 'making plays' for the other team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GinoJum View Post
    After the game try to use for party.
    What the????
    Last edited by papillon; 01-18-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Removing link to inappropriate website