Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Play Offs or the Draft Pick?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Playoffs for sure. But boy it is maddening how this team collectively craps its pants almost every week after a "big" win. Last week this team looked like it truly was going to be a contender. No idea what the hell that was we saw yesterday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Draft Picks!! Don't talk about draft picks!! Are you Kidding Me?? Draft Picks???

Going back to last year...this same question was asked. I say whether we drafted #14 or #24, we would have picked the same guy.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Not to offend but this is a silly question.

Playoffs...don't have to think twice about it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not to offend but this is a silly question.

Playoffs...don't have to think twice about it.
    Yup...when I saw thread title, I was insulted that this was even a question in anyone's mind for even a microsecond.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    What do you think: make the play offs or get a better draft pick? Hard to see this team as anything other than one and done. However, not making the play offs could mean we are drafting maybe 5 picks sooner...in all rounds.

Thoughts?
    Playoffs, 5 picks earlier doesn't make that huge of a difference in Talent. It's not the same as picking in the top ten versus the 20's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...when I saw thread title, I was insulted that this was even a question in anyone's mind for even a microsecond.
    Why would you be insulted?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Agreed.

Who would throw away a chance at the Superbowl for a higher draft pick? The purpose of playing the game is to win the Superbowl and to get a shot at the Superbowl you must first get into the playoffs. It isn't to wind up with a higher draft pick and then hope you get into the playoffs and get a shot at the Superbowl another time.

That's a defeatist attitude that I believe more suitable for Browns or Bengals fans.

This thread is mind boggling.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why would you be insulted?
    Because this is something a cleveland browns fan would say.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    whether we drafted #14 or #24, we would have picked the same guy.
    This is a good point. Who cares where you draft. It's a crap shoot. Great players come in all rounds and many go undrafted. Picking later also means players are more affordable.

I personally like picking 32. Someone will always drop. Lots of guys drop in every round. And lots of scouts get guys wrong.

I dont care about sexy picks. I'd just rather build a core that will help me compete for a SuperBowl every year. The only exception would be if I need a QB. Then a higher pick might be beneficial.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    Because this is something a cleveland browns fan would say.
    So you think by discussing a possible outcome we somehow send out a cosmic vibration that will cause one or another event to actually occur? Really?

Nothing in this thread said anything about wanting to lose. The innocent question is will you be satisfied with a one and done like last year or is there a "silver lining" to not making the play offs. Of course we all want to make the play offs but we may not. Talking about it doen't mean there is a greater chance it happens.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"