Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You guys a are soooo funny

Legend

User Info Menu

this is all coaching........believe it or not it comes down to the effort of the head coach. if wifey is complaining about time spent, then expect a lose. some teams this doesnt apply to, but teams with talent, like ours, comes down to research and game planning. i know, im a former nfl head coach. questions please.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    When you beat the good teams and lose to the bad teams, I put that 95% on coaching. Yep, we had injuries, players playing out of position, guys stepping up for injured players but, what team doesn't face their problems ?

14 regular season wins against the Chargers and a 4-8 team comes in and hands the Steelers a smack down. Under Tomlin we have had a lot of records crumble because he or his staff doesn't have it.

We used to never give up TD's in the first quarter.

We used to not allow back to back 100 yard rushers.

We used to win most of our openers.

Watch this season, we will lose the record of never losing to an afc north/division rival in the playoffs.
    I agree!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    One week the team is useless, the next we are SB favorites, lose and its time to clean house, 1 win and "nobody wants the meet the Steelers in the playoffs".
    Now we are back at having no chance after JUST LAST WEEK peoplen were convince we are "just hitting our stride" for a great playoff run.

If we win the next two ya'll will start crowing again.
    This pretty much sums up how many fans of this team feel. Either the team is SB favorites or they suck. There is no middle ground for some fans. This team is in the middle of a playoff race and they still have a shot to win the division. There is not one dominant team in the league. If the Steelers make the playoffs anything can happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    When you beat the good teams and lose to the bad teams, I put that 95% on coaching. Yep, we had injuries, players playing out of position, guys stepping up for injured players but, what team doesn't face their problems ?

14 regular season wins against the Chargers and a 4-8 team comes in and hands the Steelers a smack down. Under Tomlin we have had a lot of records crumble because he or his staff doesn't have it.

We used to never give up TD's in the first quarter.

We used to not allow back to back 100 yard rushers.

We used to win most of our openers.

Watch this season, we will lose the record of never losing to an afc north/division rival in the playoffs.
    It's 80% on the players. They are the people that step onto the field and play the game. When are some of you guys going to realize that records don't mean anything when teams face of against one another? There are no easy wins in the NFL. Execution and mistakes by players generally determine the out come of games. Stop living in the past.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Back to Lemming's original point...

It's funny because it's true...
    but it's no fun... we aren't paid to be fans. It's boring being all mutual fundy with the Steelers...

Legend

User Info Menu

Fans overreact...so I attempt not to overreact to their overreaction. The fact is this, the Steelers are stocked with talent on both sides of the ball. But, I have noticed that the Steelers seem to lack identity and passion. I think that comes with numerous injuries, and a new OC. Who are the Steelers? They are a team with one of the best WR core in the NFL with a franchise QB throwing to them. They have a very solid secondary, and a veteran front that knows success in crunch time. The Steelers can beat anyone, including the Patriots (who are looking really good). Will they? Depends on how much they want it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Fans overreact...so I attempt not to overreact to their overreaction.
    Overreaction peaks in the moment and slowly dissipates. We all overreact in our own way. And we all get over it in our own way. If we lived isolated from one another, it would disappear almost immediately. Unfortunately overreaction amplifies overreaction. It's contagious.

Most of the overreaction happens immediately following any play, any series, any game. If we are at the game, we're impacted by the crowd around us. At home we're impacted by our friends. On this board, we're impacted by a bunch of fellow die hards in a forum where people compelled to respond to get something off their chest or complain.

Chat is the real insanity of this board. The posts that happen during the game set the tone for the following week. After a loss, we race to complain about something. Ideas that we've let go re-emerge when others mention them. And we get riled up into a frenzy.

It's physically impossible not to overreact to overreaction. Or at least I think it's so.

Legend

User Info Menu

The funny thing is that it is not the same people every week just changing their mind.

Usually, after a win, the rose-colored glasses crowd comes out and talks. "See, this team is poised to make a run, just wait until we get healthy, nobody wants to see us in the playoffs, it is just like 2005".

Then, after a loss, those same people are too busy to post and the sky-is-falling crowd is suddenly revitalized after their week of silence. "This team can't beat the worst teams in the league, fire the coach, cut the offense, cut the defense, everyone sucks".

You just have to wait and see if we win or lose to know which posters will be posting for the next seven days.

Legend

User Info Menu

After watching the Texans last night and ATL this weekend...

I feel better about our 7-6 team then I do about those 11-2 and 10-3 teams. Ryan looks average and has a history of bad play in the playoffs. Schaub looked awful last night....and Schaub was in street clothes last year when they finally won a playoff game and gave the Ravens a run in Baltimore.

I think most fans would just like to see some momentum... instead of seeing another letdown. I still think something is wrong when you can look at a Steeler schedule and circle all the "bad teams" and call them toss ups because you know how this team plays vs bad teams.

Is it really asking too much for a Steeler team to dominate a few bad NFL teams? If so... then maybe we aren't overreacting.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Every team has the talent to compete in the NFL...