Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You guys a are soooo funny

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The funny thing is that it is not the same people every week just changing their mind.

Usually, after a win, the rose-colored glasses crowd comes out and talks. "See, this team is poised to make a run, just wait until we get healthy, nobody wants to see us in the playoffs, it is just like 2005".

Then, after a loss, those same people are too busy to post and the sky-is-falling crowd is suddenly revitalized after their week of silence. "This team can't beat the worst teams in the league, fire the coach, cut the offense, cut the defense, everyone sucks".

You just have to wait and see if we win or lose to know which posters will be posting for the next seven days.
    It IS just like 2005!
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Lemmo, that comparison is useless.
    The Falcons are an 11-2 team.
    They lost to a bad Carolina team.
    Any given Sunday my man.
    With this team its every other given Sunday.
    If you watched that game and the Cleveland game before, and you dont have a rotten taste in your mouth I don't know what to tell ya.
    When we lose, we lose bad.
    It doesnt sit right with most diehards.
    If we play a crap game and win by 1, Im happy but still have concerns.
    Just the way it is,just the way it will always be with some.
    This is a board and you are entitled to your opinions as I am mine.
    One thing is we are all fans of the greatest team in NFL history no matter how we take it week by week....
    You miss my point Pete. You guys go from "concerned" to this team is SB bound and back to being "done" again in the span of a month. Heck look at the Nati game.

In ONE GAME between half one to half 2 the opinion pedulum swug from "pathetic" to we are back as a top tier team.

We beat the NYG the next week and everyone thought it was a big deal. I warned that it was premature, beating the Giants who ALWAYS lose these kinds of games. YOU mocked my point and here we are today....concerned.

THIS TEAM HAS NEVER given reason for great confidence BECAUSE of the inconsistency you cite.

Still it is not inconceivable that we could go on a tear if the right players are healthy.

I have not seen reason this whole season for being overly confident nor despondent. Yet many here bounce between those extremes with every win or loss.

After the Giants game and the Baltimore game I was "hopeful". Nothing changes with this loss.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The funny thing is that it is not the same people every week just changing their mind.

Usually, after a win, the rose-colored glasses crowd comes out and talks. "See, this team is poised to make a run, just wait until we get healthy, nobody wants to see us in the playoffs, it is just like 2005".

Then, after a loss, those same people are too busy to post and the sky-is-falling crowd is suddenly revitalized after their week of silence. "This team can't beat the worst teams in the league, fire the coach, cut the offense, cut the defense, everyone sucks".

You just have to wait and see if we win or lose to know which posters will be posting for the next seven days.
    Interesting point, there is SOME of that. But there are people on this thread who have in fact made the very pendulum swing I describe. I find it hilarious.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Interesting point, there is SOME of that. But there are people on this thread who have in fact made the very pendulum swing I describe. I find it hilarious.
    I'm not sure it's so black and white. Why can't both sides be right simultaneously? This team is a great big ball of greatness and turds rolled up into one. At any moment, anything is possible.

Maybe there is no filter that we see the team through. We just see it for what it is. Maybe it's a Monet effect where it looks beautiful from afar, but when you see it up close you see the mess.

As bad as our OLine plays, Ben's still a potential miracle worker. As weak as our D front 7 has played, our DBs have been playing great. And we're always just 1 play away from Troy, Timmons, Deebo making a game changing play.

We're a beautiful mess.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is a beautiful mess.

Blames

1) Coaching. Tomlin's the head coach. But Haley IMO get's a D- so far this year.
    2) Ben being out adds to the issue of problems on the offense. Haley + Ben out = INCONSISTENCY
    3) Defense cannot force turnovers like they used to - therefore the offense is CONSISTENTLY getting poor field position and can do nothing with it (more the offenses fault obviously).
    4) All of our "talented" WRs just lack the ability to get open and win their matchups. No one is physical enough to be a top tier WR.
    5) Lack of audibles at the LOS. SD has TEN people on the LOS (most of th game) and we call a WR screen while Paulsen is getting blown up?

I feel the D has it's issues too, mainly 12 yard cushsions on all 3rd and 1s and 15 yard cushions on the BEVVY of 3rd and 10+ yards all game. What is LeBeau doing? There were earlier games the DBs were manning up at the line and playing well and shutting people down. No longer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You miss my point Pete. You guys go from "concerned" to this team is SB bound and back to being "done" again in the span of a month. Heck look at the Nati game.

In ONE GAME between half one to half 2 the opinion pedulum swug from "pathetic" to we are back as a top tier team.

We beat the NYG the next week and everyone thought it was a big deal. I warned that it was premature, beating the Giants who ALWAYS lose these kinds of games. YOU mocked my point and here we are today....concerned.

THIS TEAM HAS NEVER given reason for great confidence BECAUSE of the inconsistency you cite.

Still it is not inconceivable that we could go on a tear if the right players are healthy.

I have not seen reason this whole season for being overly confident nor despondent. Yet many here bounce between those extremes with every win or loss.

After the Giants game and the Baltimore game I was "hopeful". Nothing changes with this loss.
    Do you not grasp that EVERYONE exaggerates the good and bad from week to week in the NFL, including the media, and, for sure, the fans. How do you not see this as the norm?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    What is LeBeau doing? There were earlier games the DBs were manning up at the line and playing well and shutting people down. No longer.
    I guess he hit the "reset" button and he went back into default mode.