Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think RB will be high on the draft list this year...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think RB will be high on the draft list this year...

Mendy is a goner, Dwyer, Redman or Batch are feature backs. I just can't see this team ignoring the position early it is hard to win with a feature back getting 50yds a game.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Mendy is a goner, Dwyer, Redman or Batch are feature backs. I just can't see this team ignoring the position early it is hard to win with a feature back getting 50yds a game.
    Adrian Peterson would have a tough time getting 50 yards behind the OL today. Just too many players out. IMO the OL needs a real look in the draft early...still. Colon may be a cap casualty. Foster will likely be gone. Gilbert and Adams still have learning to do and neither is ready to replace Starks.

If we get a RB it will be in the mid-rounds. A whole bunch hinges on Dwyer staying focused in the off season and coming back in the best shape of his life. He is the only RB other than Mendy who rates to be considered a real #1. However, him coming back in top shape is a whole lot of hope and prayer which is why I would not be surprised to see Mendenhall back at a discount.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Adrian Peterson would have a tough time getting 50 yards behind the OL today. Just too many players out. IMO the OL needs a real look in the draft early...still. Colon may be a cap casualty. Foster will likely be gone. Gilbert and Adams still have learning to do and neither is ready to replace Starks.

If we get a RB it will be in the mid-rounds. A whole bunch hinges on Dwyer staying focused in the off season and coming back in the best shape of his life. He is the only RB other than Mendy who rates to be considered a real #1. However, him coming back in top shape is a whole lot of hope and prayer which is why I would not be surprisedrt to see Mendenhall back at a discount.
    Agreed Ovi. I think we have some parts of a really good offensive line, if they could stay healthy. At some point you have to quit saying the 'if they could stay healthy' part and move on to address it and go in a different direction. We need another OT in the mix. Right now I would say Pouncy and Starks are our best OL. Starks should be given at least a 2 year deal in my mind. DeCastro should emerge as a solid RG but can he play LG? Foster seems OK at RG but can he play LG? When all are healthy, who is our RT? Is Gilbert? Did Adams do enough to claim the job? Beachum had a rough game here against SD. If the number one C was there in the first do we take him knowing Pouncey could be a Pro Bowl LG?

We have some other needs as well, but I would still not hesitate to spend the top pick on a game changing player for the trenches.

RB should be a priority but no in the first. What sort of RB do we look for that would suit this offense? BTW, no way would I bring Mendenhall back. Time to move on.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-10-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No way!! RB should be way down on the priority list. And besides good backs can be found in mid to late rounds....not high on draft lists unless you are that one player/position away from winning it all.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

If we get a RB it will be in the mid-rounds. A whole bunch hinges on Dwyer staying focused in the off season and coming back in the best shape of his life. He is the only RB other than Mendy who rates to be considered a real #1. However, him coming back in top shape is a whole lot of hope and prayer which is why I would not be surprised to see Mendenhall back at a discount.
    So what magic did SD use on their OL with only one starter playing?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No he wouldn't. AP runs with ferocity. Ours not so much. He hits a hole so hard and decisive. He's a rare player. One that can play on any team

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    No he wouldn't. AP runs with ferocity. Ours not so much. He hits a hole so hard and decisive. He's a rare player. One that can play on any team
    Yup...as of a week ago, it was reported that 919 of Peterson's 1446 rushing yards came AFTER CONTACT. Only 9 running backs in the NFL had more total rushing yards than Peterson had after contact. I'm not sure how many of his 154 yards against the Bears this past week came after contact, but I would think that it is a reasonable bet to assume that he has either passed 1000 rushing yards after contact this season (or else is awfully close to it). That's the definition of a beast right there. One of the best rushing performances in NFL history just a few short months after blowing out his ACL. Simply mind boggling.

The Vikings are currently 7-6 and in the playoff race because of Peterson (their only other legit weapon Percy Harvin is out for the year, and Christian Ponder pretty much sucks as an NFL QB). Peterson is my MVP this year without question. Everyone wants to give it to Peyton, but his Broncos were a playoff team without him last year. Without Peterson, the Vikings would be in line for another top 5 pick, easily. Dude is CARRYING that team on his back. Absolutely awesome to watch.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...as of a week ago, it was reported that 919 of Peterson's 1446 rushing yards came AFTER CONTACT. Only 9 running backs in the NFL had more total rushing yards than Peterson had after contact. I'm not sure how many of his 154 yards against the Bears this past week came after contact, but I would think that it is a reasonable bet to assume that he has either passed 1000 rushing yards after contact this season (or else is awfully close to it). That's the definition of a beast right there. One of the best rushing performances in NFL history just a few short months after blowing out his ACL. Simply mind boggling.

The Vikings are currently 7-6 and in the playoff race because of Peterson (their only other legit weapon Percy Harvin is out for the year, and Christian Ponder pretty much sucks as an NFL QB). Peterson is my MVP this year without question. Everyone wants to give it to Peyton, but his Broncos were a playoff team without him last year. Without Peterson, the Vikings would be in line for another top 5 pick, easily. Dude is CARRYING that team on his back. Absolutely awesome to watch.
    That is amazing. Great post!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So Ray Rice is sitting there in the 2nd round and you pass him up?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is no guarantee there is a Ray Rice in round one let alone round two. This next years crop of RB's coming into the NFL are a far cry from a sure thing. Any of them. Do the names Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Andre Ellington, and Joseph Randle jump out at you and say hey draft me with a high draft pick? Not me. Not even a second round pick.