Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think RB will be high on the draft list this year...

Legend

User Info Menu

I would prefer to sign Mendenhall to a reasonable contract.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adrian Peterson could get yards behind this OL... he is that good. However, I don't think there is an AP type RB in this draft but there should be a Doug Martin type RB in later rounds.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Adrian Peterson could get yards behind this OL... he is that good. However, I don't think there is an AP type RB in this draft but there should be a Doug Martin type RB in later rounds.
    Martin, Robert Turbin, Alfred Morris.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Adrian Peterson would have a tough time getting 50 yards behind the OL today. Just too many players out. IMO the OL needs a real look in the draft early...still. Colon may be a cap casualty. Foster will likely be gone. Gilbert and Adams still have learning to do and neither is ready to replace Starks.

If we get a RB it will be in the mid-rounds. A whole bunch hinges on Dwyer staying focused in the off season and coming back in the best shape of his life. He is the only RB other than Mendy who rates to be considered a real #1. However, him coming back in top shape is a whole lot of hope and prayer which is why I would not be surprised to see Mendenhall back at a discount.
    So what magic did SD use on their OL with only one starter playing?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree! we need a big strong RB like Jerome was... Not small like they have been getting.
    We also need a QB for the future now!!! Ben has 3-6 years left...

Legend

User Info Menu

I would disagree Sword. We have two big strong backs. We need a running back who is nimble, sure handed, has some speed and quickness and is an overall type of back. Oh yeah we already have that guy on the roster...Mendenhall. Yes, the guy is in the dog house for dropping the ball...but he can play. Not sure why he has been loathed since arrival.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would disagree Sword. We have two big strong backs. We need a running back who is nimble, sure handed, has some speed and quickness and is an overall type of back. Oh yeah we already have that guy on the roster...Mendenhall. Yes, the guy is in the dog house for dropping the ball...but he can play. Not sure why he has been loathed since arrival.
    I don't think Mendenhall was loathed when he arrived. FWP was loathed when Mendy arrived. Mendy was supposed to be the savior of the running game. It hasn't turned out that way so Mendy is now catching crap. He has been tentative since the fumble in the SB. It's really not hard to understand why he is being beat up on.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe we should try running the ball off tackle a little more instead of always between the tackles into the box.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't think Mendenhall was loathed when he arrived. FWP was loathed when Mendy arrived. Mendy was supposed to be the savior of the running game. It hasn't turned out that way so Mendy is now catching crap. He has been tentative since the fumble in the SB. It's really not hard to understand why he is being beat up on.

It's hard for me to blame Mendenhall for OL woes. The guy has had a couple 1000 yard seasons behind very questionable lines. He is talented no doubt about it.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would prefer to sign Mendenhall to a reasonable contract.
    That is mental. Have you bothered to watch his crap play the last few years? Didn't notice that he sucks?