Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I think RB will be high on the draft list this year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I hope not. I'm not a big believer selecting a RB very high in the draft. A good o-line can make an average RB look great.

I think our o-line has potential when healthy. Starks/Gilbert/Adams, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert/Adams.

I want to see OLB, ILB and Safety be top priorities of this draft.
    I agree with you 100%!! No need for a RB in any of the top 4 picks. If the Steelers make a run (and draft at the back end of round 1), I want what is in my signature with maybe moving Baccarri Rambo up to the 3rd round. But if they continue to slide I want Dee Milliner CB, Kevin Minter ILB, and Bacarri Rambo FS.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    No he wouldn't. AP runs with ferocity. Ours not so much. He hits a hole so hard and decisive. He's a rare player. One that can play on any team
    Yup...as of a week ago, it was reported that 919 of Peterson's 1446 rushing yards came AFTER CONTACT. Only 9 running backs in the NFL had more total rushing yards than Peterson had after contact. I'm not sure how many of his 154 yards against the Bears this past week came after contact, but I would think that it is a reasonable bet to assume that he has either passed 1000 rushing yards after contact this season (or else is awfully close to it). That's the definition of a beast right there. One of the best rushing performances in NFL history just a few short months after blowing out his ACL. Simply mind boggling.

The Vikings are currently 7-6 and in the playoff race because of Peterson (their only other legit weapon Percy Harvin is out for the year, and Christian Ponder pretty much sucks as an NFL QB). Peterson is my MVP this year without question. Everyone wants to give it to Peyton, but his Broncos were a playoff team without him last year. Without Peterson, the Vikings would be in line for another top 5 pick, easily. Dude is CARRYING that team on his back. Absolutely awesome to watch.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...as of a week ago, it was reported that 919 of Peterson's 1446 rushing yards came AFTER CONTACT. Only 9 running backs in the NFL had more total rushing yards than Peterson had after contact. I'm not sure how many of his 154 yards against the Bears this past week came after contact, but I would think that it is a reasonable bet to assume that he has either passed 1000 rushing yards after contact this season (or else is awfully close to it). That's the definition of a beast right there. One of the best rushing performances in NFL history just a few short months after blowing out his ACL. Simply mind boggling.

The Vikings are currently 7-6 and in the playoff race because of Peterson (their only other legit weapon Percy Harvin is out for the year, and Christian Ponder pretty much sucks as an NFL QB). Peterson is my MVP this year without question. Everyone wants to give it to Peyton, but his Broncos were a playoff team without him last year. Without Peterson, the Vikings would be in line for another top 5 pick, easily. Dude is CARRYING that team on his back. Absolutely awesome to watch.
    That is amazing. Great post!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash