In my opinion, its time to move on from Willie. This
    Is 3 years in a row.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Per steelersdepot.com
    In my opinion, its time to move on from Willie. This
    Is 3 years in a row.
    Yup. What are they scheduled to pay him in 2013? Could help us get under the cap. A player who is hurt all the time is not worth ANY $. And no wonder his knees are always blowing out; look at the guy. How would you like to be his knees at that weight? Time to move on with the following.

Colon
    Polamalu, unless he gains forms and stays healthy from now to final cuts next year.
    Batch
    Mendenhall
    Wallace - I can't wait to see how low he settles on his new deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's not official, but according to Dulac, he is expected out for the rest of the year:
    What do Steelers do know without Colon? DeCastro?
    LG Willie Colon aggravated a left knee injury against the Chargers and the Steelers do not expect him to play the rest of the season.

The plan right now is to have All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey move to left guard and have Doug Legursky play center the rest of the season. That's what the Steelers did last week against the Baltimore Ravens when Colon missed his second game in a row.

The coaches believe Legursky is more effective at center than guard because he plays better with his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage. And Pouncey is more suited to guard than Legursky because he is more athletic and able to pull on their counter plays.

It’s possible the Steelers could eventually use rookie No. 1 David DeCastro at left guard when he is ready to play. But, for now, they will use Pouncey at left guard.
    If healthy, I have a hard time believing that DD is not a better option than weakening 2 positions with Legursky/Pouncey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol- I don't know about Troy, but the rest, for sure. Maybe the NFL should consider weight limits per position instead of this stupid kick off procedure they are proposing... NFLPA would probably b!tch at that though.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would leave Pouncey at G and Legs at C for the rest of the season. Just leave it as-is. You see what happens with all this freaking turnstile crap along the OL. They did fine against the Rats.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Pfelix, I agree with ya

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yup. What are they scheduled to pay him in 2013? Could help us get under the cap. A player who is hurt all the time is not worth ANY $. And no wonder his knees are always blowing out; look at the guy. How would you like to be his knees at that weight? Time to move on with the following.

Colon
    Polamalu, unless he gains forms and stays healthy from now to final cuts next year.
    Batch
    Mendenhall
    Wallace - I can't wait to see how low he settles on his new deal.
    Could be wrong, but pretty sure this is the first knee injury for Colon- his other 2 IR injuries were shoulder/arm, weren't they?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Between his holding, his injuries and history, let go of him and start a new.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Could be wrong, but pretty sure this is the first knee injury for Colon- his other 2 IR injuries were shoulder/arm, weren't they?
    2010--ruptured right achilles
    2011--torn triceps

Legend

User Info Menu

he was with ben in GA. colon is bad luck.