Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 teams with a combined record of 17-35...

Legend

User Info Menu

And for as rough as the Steelers have played, they could be dead even with Baltimore if SD makes one easy stop and Dallas makes a late field goal and KC hangs onto the ball in the game.
    On any given Sunday, there are at least a half dozen games that are one possession difference late in the game. It's that proverbial "fine line". The Steelers have relied on Ben to cross that fine line in the past, but they have not been lucky of late.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Glad your not the GM of the Steelers. You would have a team in constant flux chasing losses with personnel changes. Glad you're not my stockbroker either, classic buy high-sell low knee-jerk reactions.
    Well I am glad I am not the GM either. I am not qualified for it. But think about this, in 8 out of 13 games this year the Steelers have played poorly. I don't see that as chasing just loses. In the majority of the games this team has played this year, they have played poorly. And you don't think there should be some changes?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Well I am glad I am not the GM either. I am not qualified for it. But think about this, in 8 out of 13 games this year the Steelers have played poorly. I don't see that as chasing just loses. In the majority of the games this team has played this year, they have played poorly. And you don't think there should be some changes?
    You said it right. Forget what stats and rankings say. The reality is that we have lost many games to teams that on paper are not as good. Having the so called "#1 defense" didn't stop a four win team from putting up 30+ points on us or losing 6 games.

The reality is we are woefully missing game changing plays. In the Red Zone on offense and Sacks and INTs on defense. We are on track for the worst sack and INT numbers in over twenty years.

It doesn't mean you are less of a fan because you see and acknowledge problems versus being an "Ostrich" and burying your head in sand.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The reality is we are woefully missing game changing plays. In the Red Zone on offense and Sacks and INTs on defense. We are on track for the worst sack and INT numbers in over twenty years.
    On this, we agree. The proposed solution is where we differ...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Glad your not the GM of the Steelers. You would have a team in constant flux chasing losses with personnel changes. Glad you're not my stockbroker either, classic buy high-sell low knee-jerk reactions.
    I don't think he means gutting the team... while it's great that we have veterans on our team it's time to let a few go. I think we hold onto players a little longer than necessary. I like Keisel and still think he something left but he should be coming off the bench to spell Heyward. Same with Casey Hampton and while I think Foote is adequate I would love to see his replacement on the field next year sharing time.

We are 7-6... Troy is limping again, Harrison may have a little left but who knows, Keisel is old, Hampton is old, Foote is adequate but not the future...

These stocks are old... gotta go out and get some new ones or move some money around because we aren't making anymore money off of these guys.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...have beaten the Steelers this year. Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, and San Diego. This is mostly on the head coach. He is responsible for this team not be ready and up for these type of teams. That is a flat out embarrassment. It is time for some changes on this team.
    It's so bad it makes me want to end my Steeler addiction. Just go cold turkey and replace my football viewing time with something more beneficial. It is a flat out embarrassment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not saying "clean house" but it's time to cut some high paid veterans loose.

If the coaching staff isn't getting some young guys ready then they will soon be replaced too.
    I just don't see how Belichek can win with some real no names....they also recycle veterans and WIN.
    They have a rookie 7th rounder covering Andre Johnson last night and doing a pretty darn good job at it. Why can't we get that production out of our young guys. Guys like McClendon, Allen and Heyward need to play!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'm not saying "clean house" but it's time to cut some high paid veterans loose.

If the coaching staff isn't getting some young guys ready then they will soon be replaced too.
    I just don't see how Belichek can win with some real no names....they also recycle veterans and WIN.
    They have a rookie 7th rounder covering Andre Johnson last night and doing a pretty darn good job at it. Why can't we get that production out of our young guys. Guys like McClendon, Allen and Heyward need to play!
    So, they reason the young guys don't get to play is some kind of conspiracy theory?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

Heyward could certainly see the field more at this point. Would be good to see a real DE rotation. Add in Al Woods to that- who has looked halfway decent as well.

McClendon still doesn't rattle Chadman's cage. Hampton is not the guy he was, but McClendon hasn't done anything to force a change at NT yet. So where does this put McClendon? Well below Hampton's best, it would seem. There needs to be an upgrade here, as Ta'amu is no certainty after his.....indescretions.

Allen though? Ok, Cortez has looked good at times- but who is he playing over? Lewis? Keenan Lewis has been the biggest improver on this team & has started to look like our guy going forward. And certainly not Allen over Taylor just yet... Allen's level of involvement looks about right at this point.

Chadman thinks a lot of the Steelers woes this season have been more to do with transitioning from the experienced guys that have either been replaced, or are about to be replaced, and other factors such as injury.

There are a bunch of playmakers on this team, but right now the mix is out just a touch- mostly through young guys either not being on the team yet, or not stepping up to replace veterans that need to be relied upon less as their skills diminish.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Some of you guys will be jumping off a bridge at some point in the future. The Steelers will not always be a contender. I don't figure it will go smooth after Ben is done. Might look like the steelers of the 80's.