Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 teams with a combined record of 17-35...

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Some of you guys will be jumping off a bridge at some point in the future. The Steelers will not always be a contender. I don't figure it will go smooth after Ben is done. Might look like the steelers of the 80's.
    We survived then why wouldn't we survive when the next lean time comes?
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    We survived then why wouldn't we survive when the next lean time comes?
    The Steelers are still a good team. Some here think they are terrible it seems to me. You Dub even want a purge of still good players. How will you guys be on here when it is lean times?

Be honest here. Were are these special players you want? What players in the last 5 years have you hit on that have been game changers? How many are just avg? I don't mean to pick on you Dub. You know I like your draft knowledge. You just happend to comment.

The young NFL players are such a crap shoot. I think even more then years past. The Steelers it seems are really being PC and trying to pick good eggs. But do the good eggs have enough talent? Look at our new NT. Seems to have a drinking problem. Look at Holmes. Very hard to hit on good draft picks. The health off all players seems to be a big problem now also. The mendy and sweed draft is hurting us. I am really interested in seeing what happens when the cap goes up and the Steelers are not up against it. Maybe they will get some better free agents at that point?

To end this I am not looking foward to lean times at all. Glad I was not on any forums during the Cowher bad years!

The Steelers are still a good team. Some here think they are terrible it seems to me. You Dub even want a purge of still good players. How will you guys be on here when it is lean times?

Be honest here. Were are these special players you want? What players in the last 5 years have you hit on that have been game changers? How many are just avg? I don't mean to pick on you Dub. You know I like your draft knowledge. You just happend to comment.

The young NFL players are such a crap shoot. I think even more then years past. The Steelers it seems are really being PC and trying to pick good eggs. But do the good eggs have enough talent? Look at our new NT. Seems to have a drinking problem. Look at Holmes. Very hard to hit on good draft picks. The health off all players seems to be a big problem now also. The mendy and sweed draft is hurting us. I am really interested in seeing what happens when the cap goes up and the Steelers are not up against it. Maybe they will get some better free agents at that point?

To end this I am not looking foward to lean times at all. Glad I was not on any forums during the Cowher bad years!
    Wrong. I dont want to purge any good players. I personally dont think Hampton, Leftwich, Batch, Ike, Foote, and Keisel, are good players. Average to below average is not good in my opinion. All of these players are on the downside of their careers. I just want better for the Steelers.

What players have I hit on the past 5 years that have been game changers? How hard it is to hit on impact players? Usually those are the guys who are projected to go top 10 every year. There's many lists available through out the year for that. I am more proud of the not-so-obvious ones I have have hit on. Like when I was all over the drafting of LaMarr Woodley, or when I was the one who started threads about Jordy Nelson this forum, and how I saw that a guy like Jarius Byrd (18 picks in less than 4 seasons), would be a steal in the second round, and just as recently as last year, I was right about Donta Hightower (an immediate starter who is having a solid year for the Pats), and Cordy Glenn also a first year starter for Buffalo at LT (like I said he would be, not a guard like everyone insisted he had to be), and Kevin Zeitler as well. Another first year starter.

Oh and I to am not looking forward to lean times. My comment was directed to the one who said some Steelers fans would not survive if and when that happens again.
    Last edited by Dee Dub; 12-12-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    It's so bad it makes me want to end my Steeler addiction. Just go cold turkey and replace my football viewing time with something more beneficial. It is a flat out embarrassment.
    The Steelers have been to the Super Bowl following the 2005, 2008, and 2010 seasons, winning the championship twice in that time period. We are coming off back-to-back 12-4 seasons and are currently 7-6 (which would qualify for the playoffs if they started today). And you want to jump ship because you consider this team to be a flat out embarrassment. Loyal fans of teams like the Browns, Chiefs, Lions, etc. are shaking their heads at how spoiled Steeler fans like you are right now.

Pro Bowler
    Some of you guys will be jumping off a bridge at some point in the future. The Steelers will not always be a contender. I don't figure it will go smooth after Ben is done. Might look like the steelers of the 80's.
    i dont think anyone is disputing bad times coming once ben is gone. that's what makes pissing these years away even more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont think anyone is disputing bad times coming once ben is gone. that's what makes pissing these years away even more frustrating.
    Since Ben's rookie year, the Steelers have been to three SBs, winning two of those...

Did they lament pissing away Peyton Manning's years in Indy?

Drew Brees' years in New Orleans?

Aaron Rodgers' years in Green Bay?

Ben has had a pretty damn good run here in Pittsburgh and it isn't over yet...nor is it being pissed away...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Since Ben's rookie year, the Steelers have been to three SBs, winning two of those...

Did they lament pissing away Peyton Manning's years in Indy?

Drew Brees' years in New Orleans?

Aaron Rodgers' years in Green Bay?

Ben has had a pretty damn good run here in Pittsburgh and it isn't over yet...nor is it being pissed away...
    With PEDs, maybe Ben can play til 50.