Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not going for 2 is beyond comprehension

Legend

User Info Menu

I personally think he had already thrown in the towel (no pun). Otherwise, why do you not do everything possible to put yourself in a position to win. This game couldn't end quickly enough for Mike and company, they just wanted out of there.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Tomlin suffers from the Barack Obama syndrome - speaks well, has a bunch of nice catch phrases, but can't back up the words with actions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think Tomlin suffers from the Barack Obama syndrome - speaks well, has a bunch of nice catch phrases, but can't back up the words with actions.
    There's a lot of similarities between being a DC in Minny and a Community Organizer in Chicago.

Barrack's dad is from Kenya. Mike's dad played football in Canada.

They both have weird middle names - Hussein and Pettaway.

I can just hear it now....Mikey it's time for dinner, put your Pettaway and wash your hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I personally think he had already thrown in the towel (no pun). Otherwise, why do you not do everything possible to put yourself in a position to win. This game couldn't end quickly enough for Mike and company, they just wanted out of there.
    I agree, there is absolutely no reason not to go for 2 in that situation. You didn't want to show your hand? Then just line up and try to power the ball in from the 2, what have you got to lose? If you don't get in it is 34-16 instead of 34-17. Same difference.

Legend

User Info Menu

I generally don't like to mix the conversation of sports with politics, but this is damn funny!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Here is Tomlin's reasoning [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/tomlin-says-he-didnt-go-for-two-points-because-he-wanted-to-keep-plays-in-his-pocket/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog %29[/URL]

Mike, here's a play.
    You have a 6'5 WR you just signed, how about a fade.
    Can you put that in your playbook
    ?
    Seriously.

Tomlin's reasoning is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I can't believe Tomlin whom normally is savvy with the media actually said what he did. Is he taking PR lessons from Mike Wallace?

Could you imagine if he said that in a LA, NY, Philly, DC media market? He would be getting absolutely crushed right now.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Just like Obama, he speaks well and has a bunch of nice phrases...but everyone who is supposed to do their jobs just screws the pooch...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He wanted to keep his plays in his pocket? I've got a play for him. Why not send the kicking team out on the field. Then when the ball is snapped have Butler toss a blind lateral over his head to Sushi who then runs for ... oh, wait. We might have used that one.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    He wanted to keep his plays in his pocket? I've got a play for him. Why not send the kicking team out on the field. Then when the ball is snapped have Butler toss a blind lateral over his head to Sushi who then runs for ... oh, wait. We might have used that one.
    hahaha... I couldn't help but think about that play when I read Tomlin's comments.

I'm still in shock about his "reasonings". It's freakin' moronic.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.