Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not going for 2 is beyond comprehension

Not going for 2 is beyond comprehension

I normally just read and not post but I had to express my frustration/curiosity/wtf. With 6:07 left in the game we cut the lead to 18pts. By not "attempting" a two point conversion to make it only a two possession game, we basically lost all opportunity to win this game. I think Tomlin does a great job in some areas of coaching but his game/time management has never been very good. Not to attempt a 2 pt conversion, to make it a 2 possession game instead of a 3 possession game with only 6 min left, is a huge mistake by the coaching staff and there is no excuse for such a poor call/decision.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfan31 View Post
    I normally just read and not post but I had to express my frustration/curiosity/wtf. With 6:07 left in the game we cut the lead to 18pts. By not "attempting" a two point conversion to make it only a two possession game, we basically lost all opportunity to win this game. I think Tomlin does a great job in some areas of coaching but his game/time management has never been very good. Not to attempt a 2 pt conversion, to make it a 2 possession game instead of a 3 possession game with only 6 min left, is a huge mistake by the coaching staff and there is no excuse for such a poor call/decision.
    More and more, I'm thinking that Mike is just not as smart as I used to think he was.

Either that, or he didn't really think this team could come back anyway.

Legend
    We weren't winning today... it didn't matter

I agree it was no coming back, So why waste the plays.

Pro Bowler
    Here is Tomlin's reasoning http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12...+Depot+Blog%29

Mike, here's a play.
    You have a 6'5 WR you just signed, how about a fade.
    Can you put that in your playbook?

Quote Originally Posted by pitfan31 View Post
    I was okay with the 4th and 1 call, but this was completely inexcusable.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

I was wondering about his reasoning. Thx for the link PittPete. His reason/excuse maybe worse than the actual call to kick the extra point instesad of going for two

On the first touchdown there was a penalty on the d as well. Mike the genius decides to use it on the kick off instead of go for two from the 1. If we only have a few plays for 4th and 1 from the 1 this team is in more trouble than originally thought. The guy that says there's no excuses has an excuse of not wanting to put plays on film. I got it, lets never go for 2 unless it is in the superbowl down by 24 with 3 minutes to go.

sorry in advance for the rant/sarcasm.

Pro Bowler
    Better to keep your mouth shut and thought maybe a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post