Thread: San Diego Deserves Some Credit Too

Legend

User Info Menu

San Diego Deserves Some Credit Too

SD is a tough matchup for our D. We're a coverage lead D and SD creates some matchup problems in coverage. It's pretty tough to take out Alexander, Floyd, and Gates. Those are some big boys. And that left 87 open all day.

The problem though is we have to cover forever so our front 7 can get pressure. You just can't take away that many big bodies forever to compensate for our lack of pure pass rush.

We did fairly well. But we only sacked Rivers once when he ran out of bounds himself. The deficiency of our defense was plain to see. No pass rush. We need to play better up front.

I did think the DBs did a really good job without Ike. Other than Curtis Brown who made a play so awkward he didn't even look like he belonged on the field.

Backup

User Info Menu

All they had to do was show up today...

Legend

User Info Menu

Flip, Rivers was getting rid of the ball quick.
    While I credit the SD OL, our man coverages lacked today with Curtis Brown and they knew it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Flip, Rivers was getting rid of the ball quick.
    While I credit the SD OL, our man coverages lacked today with Curtis Brown and they knew it.
    I was surprised. I thought Brown would be competing and beating Lewis to become our #3 CB. I couldn't have been wronger. I'm now pinning my hopes on Victorian. I do think we're gonna be in great shape for a long time with Lewis and Allen. No reason Ike can't help for a while still given his conditioning.