Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come I don't hear Haley's name in all this????

Backup

User Info Menu

How come I don't hear Haley's name in all this????

I know its only his first season and I like some of the things he has done with this offense. He has protected Ben and gets the ball into the play makers hands quickly...but I think there should be some concern with the offensive performance as of late...I am not starting a fire Haley thread by any means...only opening up some friendly discussion.

I think as some point we have to look at the production on the offensive side of the ball. Sure we have had injuries but so do all 31 other teams...The Chargers had 3 starters out on the offensive line.

Is he too predictable? Look at the teams we have struggled against this year...especially the entire AFC West. All the teams that have played against his offense twice a year for the last couple of years. All those teams pretty much shut us down....We barely squeaked by the KC game.

Does he really build a game plan based on the talent around him? The only time we moved the ball consistently today was in the no huddle...Ben moving in the pocket throwing down field...

Complete and total frustration....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I pointed that out in the FIRE TOMLIN thread lol.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I forgot about Haley and the AFC West connection. Regardless I'm starting to sour on Haley. Too many short routes that aren't giving our WR's a chance to use their speed and too many bubble screens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Throwing backward in your own endzone has to be one of the worst calls ever. What was Paulson doing in the game?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Throwing backward in your own endzone has to be one of the worst calls ever. What was Paulson doing in the game?
    Paulsen wasnt getting blown the F up on that play

Legend

User Info Menu

Throwing backward in your own endzone has to be one of the worst calls ever.
    Well at least no one could have predicted THAT

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I hated that call, and yesterday wasn't Haley's best day, but I generally think that he has been an improvement over BA.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not calling out Haley. Just pointing out throwing backward in your endzone is one of the dumbest things you could ever do in football. Ben should have used BA's hand signals to tell Haley no on that play call.

Other than that one play, Haley's not the scapegoat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haley hasn't proved he knows how to utilize our weapons yet... still waiting for this offense to do something special besides rely on Ben to bail them out on 3rd downs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Haley hasn't proved he knows how to utilize our weapons yet... still waiting for this offense to do something special besides rely on Ben to bail them out on 3rd downs.
    I'd say that he has utilized Heath Miller pretty well. He's also utilized Wallace well, but Wallace has failed to make the plays he needs to.