Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This defense is better without Troy

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to agree... there were a few times when Clark looked confused because he didn't know what Troy was going to do. Looks like Clark is still getting last to Troy adlibbing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The subtraction of Ike Taylor was the difference today, not the addition of Troy.
    The difference? I wouldn't go that far.. I don't think Ike would have changed the outcome of this game. This reminded me of the Pats when they owned us. This wasn't speed beating us deep, it wad 7 and 10 yard outs with big TE's and big WR's.. I don't see Ike changing the game.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

The subtraction of Ike Taylor was the difference today, not the addition of Troy.
    While I agree that Ike was a bigger factor than the addition of Troy...Neither player was the reason we lost the game....

Our inability to move the ball and score points was the difference maker today...Add special team penalties, a fumble for a TD and an interception inside the 20 or 30....The offense kept us in bad field position the majority of the day...

While the defense didn't play up to "our" standards...neither Troy nor Ike could have scored enough points to win this game.

Let's lay the blame where it belongs....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Troy should just focus on playing S the best he can instead of worrying about all the sly fox shenanigans.

Backup

User Info Menu

I saw to many corner-backs not named Lewis missing tackles - Ike is normally a pretty sure Tackler. And who was the guy who jumped in front of the Receiver in the ENDZONE.. on the last SD touchdown.. I don't believe that guy would have been on the field if Ike was playing..

Our CBs had been playing pretty darn good, up until Today - Ike goes out, the Dept is shifted, The Cb's play lousy (maybe because Ike is not following around their #1 receiver leaving the rest to the kids) and yet somehow Troy is the reason..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You really think Ike Taylor is a difference maker? Not me. I think in the overall scheme of things, he is one of the big reasons this team isnt very good. Ike is on the downside of his career. Not on the upside/difference maker side. Lol!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How are these guys the #1 pass defense? #1 overall defense? What am I missing?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    How are these guys the #1 pass defense? #1 overall defense? What am I missing?
    Very simple. Their opponents winning percentage this year is .467.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    You really think Ike Taylor is a difference maker? Not me. I think in the overall scheme of things, he is one of the big reasons this team isnt very good. Ike is on the downside of his career. Not on the upside/difference maker side. Lol!!
    I think that Curtis Brown and Josh Victorian were difference makers - for the Chargers. They never see the field if Ike is in the game, and Ike typically matches up well against guys like Floyd and Alexander.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Is that also why they had the same ranking last year? Very interesting.