Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: its time to blame Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

If you don't place some blame on Jerry Jones when talking about Dallas I really have to question your football knowledge. LOL...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If you don't place some blame on Jerry Jones when talking about Dallas I really have to question your football knowledge. LOL...
    Not the point. All coaches have their proverbial crosses to bear...

I'm not interested in excuses for Parcells just as other posters aren't interested in excuses for Tomlin...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If you aren't going to make excuses for Tomlin, then don't make excuses for Parcells or Johnson...

In Miami, Johnson inherited an offense in the top 10 in both yards and scoring (saddled with Marino? Seriously?) and took it to the middle of the pack...

Johnson in Miami: 36-28, 2-3 in the playoffs

So, it wasn't Parcells, it was Jerry Jones? I can't argue against speculation...I can only look at results...

Parcells in Dallas: 34-30, 0-2 in the playoffs

I'm not impressed with that coaching, effort or focus...
    So your conclusion must be that Tomlin is as good, or better, coach than Parcells and Johnson. Excuse me while I spit water out of my mouth. Did you just start following the NFL?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    So your conclusion must be that Tomlin is as good, or better, coach than Parcells and Johnson. Excuse me while I spit water out of my mouth. Did you just start following the NFL?
    No. That's not what I said.

I said that neither Johnson nor Parcells deserve to be excused for their performances in Miami and Dallas, respectively, than Tomlin does for his performance with the Steelers....

That being said, if you compare Tomlin's record to what Parcells did in Dallas and to what Johnson did in Miami, you will see that Tomlin's teams have performed better than both of the other two put together...