Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cincy and Baltimore both lose, that helps

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I know what you mean but I don't want a 9-7 team limping into the playoffs. The Steelers need to figure this out quickly or it will be one and done if they get into the postseason. It's safe to say they are not peaking at the right time.
    They just need to get healthy. There were some serious mistakes today. Brown should have kicked the ball out of pounds to keep 5 points off the board. Wallace dropped a huge ball and the defense played like crap. After last week no one expected this game but with Ben coming back from injury the defense needed to play better. Even in garbage time you have to be encouraged with how the offense closed out the game. Hopefully DeCastro is ready to go and we pull Mendenhall out of the dog house. We're going to need Mendenhall going forward because for as much as I like Redman and Dwyer neither have "elite" intangibles. However I do agree, I have no desire to limp in to the playoffs and pull a one and done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any way you slice it, that upcoming game against the Bengals looks to be winner take all.

Backup

User Info Menu

The only thing that it helps is to prolong the agony....I hate saying it, but this team is going nowhere this year.

Our offense just plain sucks....The defense (although statistically #1) is solid but is not making the plays the team needs to overcome our ineptness on special teams and offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    The only thing that it helps is to prolong the agony....I hate saying it, but this team is going nowhere this year.

Our offense just plain sucks....The defense (although statistically #1) is solid but is not making the plays the team needs to overcome our ineptness on special teams and offense.
    Come on, our offense does not suck if Ben is healthy and we can get some sort of semblance of a running game. Mendenhall needs to get pulled from the dog house and put in the platoon even if he gets less carries than the other two.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Come on, our offense does not suck if Ben is healthy and we can get some sort of semblance of a running game. Mendenhall needs to get pulled from the dog house and put in the platoon even if he gets less carries than the other two.
    All I hear is a bunch of ifs.....right now how can you argue that the offense doesn't suck? Really?

Legend

User Info Menu

THere are many teams in the NFL playing with a lot of hurt players, some suck it up and play better than others....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sick of the injury excuse as well... we were at home vs a west coast team at 1pm and we looked like we had jetlag.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this team stayed healthy all year we're in a much better position right now.
    And if this team had wings, they could fly.
    Enough with the excuses allready.
    Does it make me happy to criticize this average penalty induced heartless sack of a team?
    No, I'm crying in side but I refuse to make excuses.
    The Chargers had 3 new OL starting and they played like they were together for years.
    This isn't 1 bad game, this is a bad game every other week.
    When we lose, we lose bad.
    When we win, it's barely.
    If players cant step in when starters are injured who's to blame?