Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colon Playing; Woodley Out...Again!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

according to posters here Woodley, - Yes, totally isn't worth the $ spent.

Harrison, - No one is saying that now, but when he wasn't playing and then when he came back as a shell of himself, yes
    he wasn't earning his $ them, but he is now, starting like 2 games ago.

Troy, - Ummm, how can you even attempt to argue he was worth his $ before last week. He should earn it now, unless he gets hurt, AGAIN

Ike, - I didn't see anyone post that, other than after the one game where he got scorched and flagged all day

Hampton, - He's started to play better, but he wasn't doing jack to start the season.

Ziggy, - Some claim he is soft and worthless, but I don't. He has come on.

Foote, - Some think he's soft, I think he has been a good player for us this season

Mendy, - He VERY MUCH isn't worth his $. Or why did Tomlin not even dress him? Are you suggesting a player who is told not to even dress is worth his $?

Wallace, - 46th-best receiver. He is just producing wonderfully.

Colon, - Once again, missing games from being hurt. Back this week.

Leftwich, -

and Batch - After the Cleveland game, what did you expect people to assert?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ben, Heath, and Clark may be the only players left standing if the board decides.
    No one has been griping about Pouncey, Dwyer, Starks, Foster, Brown, Heyward, Keisel, Timmons, Lewis, et al. You guys have just exaggerated to a simply silly level with these assertions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

actually it was your "assertion" that we think about cutting woodley that took it to a silly level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No one has been griping about Pouncey, Dwyer, Starks, Foster, Brown, Heyward, Keisel, Timmons, Lewis, et al. You guys have just exaggerated to a simply silly level with these assertions.
    Someone griped about Pouncey's injury in the post season. Dwyer was ripped for being fat and lazy. Everyone gripes about the OL... Timmons is still considered a bust by some on the board.

People are insane for wanting guys cut for missing a few games. Its football, it happens... the only guy I ripped for injuries is A. Smith late in his career because every injury was season ending.

Legend

User Info Menu

i cant believe how many 'fans' are ok with players that fake injury or dont play thru minor bumps and bruises, dont give their all and underperform just because they wear the black and gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ben, Heath, and Clark may be the only players left standing if the board decides.
    Ben holds onto the ball too long and has been injury-prone lately, cut him.

Clark is too old and slow and can't play in Denver, cut him.

Heath, well he's a keeper...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I want would to get as healthy as possible for the playoff run. Worilds has played very well in his place and has pretty much shown me that we will not have too much of a drop-off next year when we are probably going to be without Harrison. If it is me I think we leave Worilds at LOLB and move Woodley over to the ROLB because then he can take on LT and rush the QB most of the time which is his strength overall.

Colon being back is huge. He helps the running game immensely. Yes, he does have his stupid penalties every week but overall our running game is much better with him out there. He brings a physical aspect to that option on offense that is sorely missing when Legursky is out there. With Max, Colon, and Pouncey on the left side the team gets good push in the running game and for the most part a solid job protecting the QB's blindside. Besides that shot that Byron took in the 1st Baltimore game I have not seen much back side pressure unprotected like that. If DeCastro can get on the field before the year is out he could add a pulling element to the offense that is not available with Foster. Foster does a nice job on his man over top of him but DD could add another element to the running game which is mobility. They could pull either way with DD and Colon out there!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    so we are cutting woodley now too, huh.

lol.
    Your comment is just as 'lol'.

Who said they want to cut him? Just considering the fact that we gave this guy $60m bucks, and he's proceeded to take off a 1/3 of those games. His hamstring injury is directly related to being fat and complacent to start that season... this ankle is likely a legit injury, and if he didn't read his press clippings last year and miss all those games, he would certainly have more leeway (when a legitimate injury arises).

He chose to get complacent, not us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i cant believe how many 'fans' are ok with players that fake injury or dont play thru minor bumps and bruises, dont give their all and underperform just because they wear the black and gold.
    Who has faked an injury (other than Sanders during a game supposedly) or won't play through "minor" bumps and bruises and where are you getting this information? Just curious

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Your comment is just as 'lol'.

Who said they want to cut him? Just considering the fact that we gave this guy $60m bucks, and he's proceeded to take off a 1/3 of those games. His hamstring injury is directly related to being fat and complacent to start that season... this ankle is likely a legit injury, and if he didn't read his press clippings last year and miss all those games, he would certainly have more leeway (when a legitimate injury arises).

He chose to get complacent, not us.

I'm not sure it is complacency as much as he has a body type not conducive to the role he has been assigned. One might argue that his recurring hamstring injuries are a result of a natural DE being asked to perform the skills of an OLB. An OLB has to run much more, change direction at speed, etc. All of these can contribute to hammy injuries.

Hopefully, the team can figure out a fitness routine that works for him because his frequent absences really hurts the team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"