Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Kugler leaving for head coach job..(college)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It would be like the Steelers to hire from with in. I'm sure they hired the guy for a reason and I don't think bringing in Hartings as an assistant OL coach would be a bad idea at all as well. It's the Steeler way and with the young talent they have it would probably be a good idea to not mix up the situation too much. Realistically our starting OL next year will probably be:

LT: Marcus Gilbert/Mike Adams
    LG: Willie Colon
    C: Maurkice Pouncey
    RG: David DeCastro
    RT: Mike Adams/Kelvin Beachum

That is a lot of young talent that needs to be developed the right way because as Ben gets older he is going to have to take less hits which surprising he has this year. I would expect this to be Max's last year in the Burgh. As much as he loves playing here he and Foster will probably be able to garner much bigger contracts on the FA market!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    It would be like the Steelers to hire from with in. I'm sure they hired the guy for a reason and I don't think bringing in Hartings as an assistant OL coach would be a bad idea at all as well. It's the Steeler way and with the young talent they have it would probably be a good idea to not mix up the situation too much. Realistically our starting OL next year will probably be:

LT: Marcus Gilbert/Mike Adams
    LG: Willie Colon
    C: Maurkice Pouncey
    RG: David DeCastro
    RT: Mike Adams/Kelvin Beachum

That is a lot of young talent that needs to be developed the right way because as Ben gets older he is going to have to take less hits which surprising he has this year. I would expect this to be Max's last year in the Burgh. As much as he loves playing here he and Foster will probably be able to garner much bigger contracts on the FA market!
    I really hope they keep Starks another year or two. Guy is still doing the job and neither Adams or Gilbert are ready for LT.

Beachum is really nothing more than an emergency fill at RT. He is really best suited for Guard, but he does offer some position flexibility.

I agree that they let Foster go but it would be nice to keep him because of his potential as a back up with positional flexibility.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Starks should get a two year deal and start at LT.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think they look outside. Sarrett doesn't have the needed experience IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Sarrett would probably take over if Kugler leaves before the Steelers are finished playing this season...but, I don't know that he would be a permanent replacement....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Good riddance

Legend

User Info Menu

what about coach Turnstile from HeadsupU? he would fit in nicely with our group.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Koogs should take the rest of our coaching staff with him...

Only partly kidding...

Legend

User Info Menu

After Whisenhunt and his staff get canned at the end of the season (9 straight losses following a 4-0 start to the season, with a 58-0 beatdown at the hands of division rival Seattle yesterday being the cherry atop that sundae), I wonder if Russ Grimm's grudge over the Rooneys selecting Tomlin over a certain hefty fellow who wore a flannel shirt to an interview for a multimillion job, would prevent him from ever wanting to come back to the team again as an OL coach. When he was here, he worked with the likes of Hartings, Faneca, and Marvel, then was given literally ZERO talent to work with in Arizona (the Cardinals' recent OL has made ours look like a brick wall by comparison)...might both sides be able to overlooked burnt bridges of the past to see if he could transform Pouncey, DeCastro, and Adams into this generation's version of Hartings, Faneca, and Marvel?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After Whisenhunt and his staff get canned at the end of the season (9 straight losses following a 4-0 start to the season, with a 58-0 beatdown at the hands of division rival Seattle yesterday being the cherry atop that sundae), I wonder if Russ Grimm's grudge over the Rooneys selecting Tomlin over a certain hefty fellow who wore a flannel shirt to an interview for a multimillion job, would prevent him from ever wanting to come back to the team again as an OL coach. When he was here, he worked with the likes of Hartings, Faneca, and Marvel, then was given literally ZERO talent to work with in Arizona (the Cardinals' recent OL has made ours look like a brick wall by comparison)...might both sides be able to overlooked burnt bridges of the past to see if he could transform Pouncey, DeCastro, and Adams into this generation's version of Hartings, Faneca, and Marvel?
    My guess? It would depend upon how well he got along with Haley in Arizona...

If he hated Haley? Chances are zero...

If he liked Haley? Chances are slim...