Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace blames lack of production on concentration lapses

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You can forget every word he said in that interview.

What he really said was "When I didn't get the contract I wanted/earned (you decide based on your perspective) & the Steelers gave Antonio Brown the big money contract, my agent & decided to play out the last year of my contract without causing too much trouble, but certainly not looking to put myself on the line for a team that doesn't value me the way I value myself".

Wallace is probably not as good as he thinks he is, but is likely better than a lot of us say he is. He'll be hard to replace.
    Overall, those 13 catches for 94 yards over the last four games are not going to be too difficult to replace, IMO...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You can forget every word he said in that interview.

What he really said was "When I didn't get the contract I wanted/earned (you decide based on your perspective) & the Steelers gave Antonio Brown the big money contract, my agent & decided to play out the last year of my contract without causing too much trouble, but certainly not looking to put myself on the line for a team that doesn't value me the way I value myself".

Wallace is probably not as good as he thinks he is, but is likely better than a lot of us say he is. He'll be hard to replace.
    You may not get a player with the exact skillset (or more accurately one skill) he has but with the proliferation of spread offenses in college finding a quality WR is not hard especially if the team decides to use a high draft pick.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Wallace is more a product of Ben's talent than he is of his own making.

Legend

User Info Menu

its-all-about-me.jpg
    memememememememememememememememememem

Legend

User Info Menu

As long as Haley runs this type of Offense then Wallace will be mediocre. He is telling it like it is. Maybe he shouldn't but he is right. Losing concentration is probably the reason for his performance. It makes sense and it sounds better then I didnt get the money I wanted. Haley doesnt go deep and that is Wallaces strong point. I think Haley needs to go deep at least once a game to keep D's honest, but Im not the OC and he is.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    As long as Haley runs this type of Offense then Wallace will be mediocre. He is telling it like it is. Maybe he shouldn't but he is right. Losing concentration is probably the reason for his performance. It makes sense and it sounds better then I didnt get the money I wanted. Haley doesnt go deep and that is Wallaces strong point. I think Haley needs to go deep at least once a game to keep D's honest, but Im not the OC and he is.
    Did you watch the probowl last year? The SB 2 years ago? Teams have adjusted to Wallace and if going deep is Wallace's only trick than its a wrap. How many offers did Wallace get last year?

We go deep more than once a game but if the only time he is happy is when it's in his bread basket then bye bye Wallace. Can't expect top money if you are butt hurt when you don't get a ton of passes every game and drop em when called on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Did you watch the probowl last year? The SB 2 years ago? Teams have adjusted to Wallace and if going deep is Wallace's only trick than its a wrap. How many offers did Wallace get last year?

We go deep more than once a game but if the only time he is happy is when it's in his bread basket then bye bye Wallace. Can't expect top money if you are butt hurt when you don't get a ton of passes every game and drop em when called on.
    I wouldn't say "going deep" is all Wallace does, but he has issues with other skills that allow him to excel as a complete receiver. That is why the entire NFL will see that he isn't elite. Not saying he won't get a ridiculous contract just that he won't perform up to it.

My bet on his next stop is: Tampa Bay. Lots of cap space and no state tax. They are few pieces short of being a very good team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Regardless of what happens with Mike Wallace, I can't believe that he actually said those things out loud where anyone other than himself could hear them. The Steelers and, in particular, Haley, can't be happy to have heard that. Other teams considering hiring him can't be happy to have heard them, it's going to be interesting. I still think the Steelers would like to have under contract, but I'm thinking their offering price just went down a little more.

This is a head scratcher.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I wouldn't say "going deep" is all Wallace does, but he has issues with other skills that allow him to excel as a complete receiver. That is why the entire NFL will see that he isn't elite. Not saying he won't get a ridiculous contract just that he won't perform up to it.

My bet on his next stop is: Tampa Bay. Lots of cap space and no state tax. They are few pieces short of being a very good team.
    Going deep is what he does best.... Not sure if Wallace is going to get that big contract... it will be a good contract but I would be surprised if another team offers him $8 mill a year. There are too many other WR's who do all the other things and have decent speed.

I think he lands in Indy... Arians would love to have him with Luck and his philosophy is more in tune with Wallaces skill set.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Regardless of what happens with Mike Wallace, I can't believe that he actually said those things out loud where anyone other than himself could hear them. The Steelers and, in particular, Haley, can't be happy to have heard that. Other teams considering hiring him can't be happy to have heard them, it's going to be interesting. I still think the Steelers would like to have under contract, but I'm thinking their offering price just went down a little more.

This is a head scratcher.

Pappy
    Not really.... he's verbalizing what his body language says on the field this year. It's a little refreshing to hear him give an honest answer IMO.

The only problem is this gives a few members on the board some weight when talking about how a guy is thinking based on his production or body language.