Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mike Wallace blames lack of production on concentration lapses

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    This article or his comments will have zero impact on his contract next year.

While I agree that it doesn't make sense to pay him crazy money....his absence will impact this team. We would have lost 2 maybe 3 games this year without him...

He leads the teams in receiving and TDs....what does that say about the rest of our WR corp?

He will get a big contract next year...maybe Indy?
    its a wash. he costs us a few game also

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe Mike could try this place its not too far from Pittsburgh

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've been a Mike Wallace supporter from the start. Stating that the team needed to give the man a fair contract resembling Vincent Jackson and Desean Jackson's but after watching this guy all season long and his lack of effort and focus has shown me that he is not Steeler material. He can go get another owner to pay him a ton of money and show lack of effort elsewhere. The Steelers would still have Antonio, Manny, Cotchery, and probably a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. I will take that over paying Mike Wallace and give his money to Keenan Lewis, who at this point has shown that he is a must sign. The Steelers could probably get Lewis for somewhere in the 6 years 40 million range which is less than what Wallace would have cost anyway. Which will also allow the Steelers to offer Heath Miller a fair deal.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I will take that over paying Mike Wallace and give his money to Keenan Lewis, who at this point has shown that he is a must sign.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    I've been a Mike Wallace supporter from the start. Stating that the team needed to give the man a fair contract resembling Vincent Jackson and Desean Jackson's but after watching this guy all season long and his lack of effort and focus has shown me that he is not Steeler material. He can go get another owner to pay him a ton of money and show lack of effort elsewhere. The Steelers would still have Antonio, Manny, Cotchery, and probably a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. I will take that over paying Mike Wallace and give his money to Keenan Lewis, who at this point has shown that he is a must sign. The Steelers could probably get Lewis for somewhere in the 6 years 40 million range which is less than what Wallace would have cost anyway. Which will also allow the Steelers to offer Heath Miller a fair deal.

AS--Respect that you come on the board and "fess up" that now we have seen the real Mike Wallace so many of his defenders were wrong. Wallace deserves a decent contract for a WR. He still has value, but that decent contract is realistically in the $6-8M range no where near what the Jackson's make. He has shown that this season.

Unfortunately, I think he may have burned his bridges with this organization with his attitude and performance because I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even willing to give him what Antonio Brown got. Hopefully the light comes on for him and he plays lights out the rest of the season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers notebook: Receiver Wallace not discouraged by booing

By Alan Robinson
    Updated: Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mike Wallace wasn‘t surprised at being booed after dropping a downfield pass Sunday, saying he knew he would be under scrutiny all season because of his training-camp holdout.

“Anything I do is going to be magnified, good, bad,” Wallace said. “It‘s doesn‘t really matter. I just got to do what I need to do and handle my business and not give anybody a reason to say anything.”

And a big play will elicit cheering?

“Some (fans) would,” Wallace said. “I think they‘re out to get me a little bit.”

• Are the Steelers in the right frame of mind to shake off a season filled with surprising losses and make the playoffs? Wallace believes they are. A potential unrestricted free agent, Wallace might be playing his last few regular-season games in Pittsburgh, and the receiver doesn‘t want to leave without playing more January games. “We have three games to go hard and a playoff race to make and just try to do what we can,” Wallace said. “If we handle all of our business, all of those things will go away. Winning is the only thing that matters, and it makes everything better. If we win games and make plays, everything else will go out the window.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3118297-85/wallace-roethlisberger-steelers#ixzz2F47x3I4J[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

December, 19, 2012
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

If you asked me who leads the AFC North in dropped passes, my three guesses would've been: Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace and Mike Wallace. Well, I was wrong.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category. This shocked me because Green has such great hands. Everyone remembers Green's drop in the red zone against Dallas, but I can't recall many more than that one. Last season, Green had three drops on 112 targets. This year, he has seven drops on 138 targets.

Wallace is close behind Green with six dropped passes. That's tied for the second-most in the AFC North with Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham and Browns wide receiver Greg Little. Saints tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes.

In terms of teams, the Browns lead the division with 26 drops, which is tied for eighth-most in the league. The Steelers and Bengals have a total of 22 drops. The Ravens have the least amount of dropped passes with 19. Wide receiver Torrey Smith has the most drops for Baltimore with four.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/61622/guess-who-leads-the-afc-north-in-drops[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?

December, 19, 2012
    By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

If you asked me who leads the AFC North in dropped passes, my three guesses would've been: Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace and Mike Wallace. Well, I was wrong.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category. This shocked me because Green has such great hands. Everyone remembers Green's drop in the red zone against Dallas, but I can't recall many more than that one. Last season, Green had three drops on 112 targets. This year, he has seven drops on 138 targets.

Wallace is close behind Green with six dropped passes. That's tied for the second-most in the AFC North with Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham and Browns wide receiver Greg Little. Saints tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes.

In terms of teams, the Browns lead the division with 26 drops, which is tied for eighth-most in the league. The Steelers and Bengals have a total of 22 drops. The Ravens have the least amount of dropped passes with 19. Wide receiver Torrey Smith has the most drops for Baltimore with four.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/61622/guess-who-leads-the-afc-north-in-drops[/URL]
    How many targets does Wallace have? Green's drop rate is 4.3% (6/138=.043)

I'm betting Wallace has far fewer taregts and therefore a much higher drop rate.

BTW--I'll take AJ Green over Wallace every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How many targets does Wallace have? Green's drop rate is 4.3% (6/138=.043)

I'm betting Wallace has far fewer taregts and therefore a much higher drop rate.

BTW--I'll take AJ Green over Wallace every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Green has seven drops, one more than Wallace's six.

thus Green's drop % is 7/138 = 5.07%

Mike Wallace has been targeted 114 times and has dropped six so 6/114 = 5.26% which is indeed higher than Green's.

as for who is a better WR, Green is better and it's not even remotely close.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category.
    Since we have no one that should be able to cover him this weekend, we'll have to hope for some continuing effects of Sweeditis for Green at Heinz on Sunday.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.