After reading this article, 3 thoughts immediately went through my mind.
1. That he's truly speaking his mind and not sugar-coating it. I may not agree with it but I respect his honesty.
2. He should have kept his thoughts about this in house.
3. He's a moron. He's a moron on multiple levels for several reasons and here's a few:
- Many of the "high powered" offenses spread the ball around especially those with elite QBs. Look at the weapons on New England, New Orleans, Atlanta, Green Bay, San Fran, etc. These teams have a lot of offensive weapons and their QBs spread the ball around. One week, a WR might have a huge game, the next week they may only have 2 catches (i.e. Roddy White last week.) Based on his comments, he wants to be "the guy" and not share success or have competition with his co-workers. He would not be happy on ANY of these teams because he wouldn't be "the guy". I could see the Browns or the Rams being a good fit for him. They need WRs in a bad way and he would be "the guy". I don't think Super Bowls are very important to Wallace. He wants to get paid and he wants to be "the guy" and I think he's willing to sacrifice being on a winning team in order to gain it.
- His situation is not so bad... If anyone has something to complain about it's Fitzgerald. The QB play has been so pathetic in Arizona it's hard to watch. You have an elite WR that is an INSANE talent and you have no one to even throw him the ball.
- Maybe he would see the ball more if he was more dependable. The secret is out on Wallace. His catches are seriously impacted by the fact that he's not a short/intermediate route guy. He's maybe not a "one trick poney" but he's darn close.
- He should have taken the Steelers offer. The first clue was the fact that the Steelers dangled him in front of 31 other teams and not one team wanted to give up their 1st rounder to get him. Do you think teams would give up a first rounder for Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, etc? You betcha!. Listen up Wallace...that should've been your first damn clue of where the rest of the league thinks you stand as an "elite" WR.
I saw "A Football Life" featuring Jimmy Johnson the other week. He was on his boat with Belichick and said, "Remember what I told you? If I ever draft a stupid player again, hit me in the head with a hammer. You can't fix stupid." I am not saying you need to have all road scholars on your team, especially on defense, but if you have really stupid players, it just makes things much more difficult.
wutta FOOLIO. ive heard enough at this point. at first we could only speculate his true feelings but now the cat is out of the bag.. he gots NO HEART.. trade him..
Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...
After reading the last three to four pages its pretty funny to think we had posters just a short time ago arguing for Wallace and trying to convince the world how importnat he is.
1.25 DT Vernon Butler, La Tech, 64 323
2.58 CB Artie Burns, Miami, 511 189
3.89 OLB, Alex McCalister, Florida, 66 240-Jarvis Jones replacement
4.123 S Jayron Kearse, Clemson, 64 216-hybrid type we could use in 3-3-5 defense
6.220 OT Stephane Nembot, 67 322-raw talent with ton of upside
7.229 CB Brian Poole, Florida, 510 210
7.246 WR/KR Ed Eagan, Northwestern State, 5 10 185-need WR depth and returner
Cant imagine what a guy like Heath Miller thought when he heard that..
This article or his comments will have zero impact on his contract next year.
While I agree that it doesn't make sense to pay him crazy money....his absence will impact this team. We would have lost 2 maybe 3 games this year without him...
He leads the teams in receiving and TDs....what does that say about the rest of our WR corp?
He will get a big contract next year...maybe Indy?
Tomlin needs to treat him like Mendy. No hat on Sunday for Wally.
We won't miss him... sure we won't see blazing speed while going deep but you will see another WR step in and produce. Some of you act like we won't field 11 players without Wallace. We will be fine.
It would be the equivalent of backup QBs for the Cardinals looking/throwing to Early Doucet instead of Larry Fitzgerald. Or the backups in Detroit throwing to Ryan Broyles instead of Megatron.