Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Mike Wallace blames lack of production on concentration lapses

  1. #21
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Of everything I've read, heard, or seen from Wallace...that is the most damning.

    There is no way he is with the team again next, either by their choice or his. Not with comments and an attitude like that.

    Poor me...they forget about me, and then I forget I'm supposed to pay attention! That's pathetic. I would have much rather he said he had concentration lapses due to future contract uncertainty instead of that he feels left out of the offense and we should feel sorry for him about his mistakes.
    This IS pathetic. This is TO-ish, except TO always produced. Go to Oakland. This guy is a POS. Close the chapter on him. I don't even want to see him on the field as a Steeler any longer.

  2. #22
    Mike's lucky. Lots of ordinary folks would lose their job if they had the same problem. You know, like the guy who was working at the orange juice plant, and they fired him because he just couldn't concentrate...

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He'll be hard to replace.
    So was Burress, but we will carry on.

    We won a Superbowl with A-Randle El, Cedrick Wilson, and Hines Ward.

    I think we can with Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.

  4. #24
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    So was Burress, but we will carry on.

    We won a Superbowl with A-Randle El, Cedrick Wilson, and Hines Ward.

    I think we can with Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.
    I don't think he will be hard to replace. If this were the Arians offense with the 2010-2011 Wallace, he would be hard to replace in those conditions. But the 2012 version of Wallace with our 2012 offense? Hell, it will be easy to UPGRADE his position. There are plenty of WRs that we can get in the 3rd round with size and good speed. Or, considering our needs, probably draft one ever later than that. Surprisingly, we don't appear as thin at DB as we did just weeks ago.

  5. #25
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    There are plenty of WRs that we can get in the 3rd round with size and good speed. Or, considering our needs, probably draft one ever later than that. .
    This is Homerism at its best. Finding another WR like Wallace is just not that easy. He's just not as important as some are making him out to be. There are more key positions to be good at than just one WR spot.

    Brown is more valuable for what he is doing in any offense, Wallace needs to play in a different scheme.

    That doesn't make him "easy to replace." There was a reason we took Santonio Holmes in the first round in 2006 after winning the Super Bowl.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This is Homerism at its best. Finding another WR like Wallace is just not that easy. He's just not as important as some are making him out to be. There are more key positions to be good at than just one WR spot.

    Brown is more valuable for what he is doing in any offense, Wallace needs to play in a different scheme.

    That doesn't make him "easy to replace." There was a reason we took Santonio Holmes in the first round in 2006 after winning the Super Bowl.
    You mean finding a one trick pony who can't catch the ball unless there is no defender around him, one who fumbles and drops the ball all the time and one who has a jerk attitude is hard to replace. Oh, OK. Yea, I don't know how we will ever live without that.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You mean finding a one trick pony who can't catch the ball unless there is no defender around him, one who fumbles and drops the ball all the time and one who has a jerk attitude is hard to replace. Oh, OK. Yea, I don't know how we will ever live without that.
    Over simplifying your argument doesn't make it anymore correct. It just makes it sound more absurd.

    It's hard enough to draft one wide receiver that has the skill set of Mike Wallace and do the things he can do. It was amazing the Steelers were able to draft 3 wide receivers that produce and two of them studs.

    To find a replacement for Wallace is not going to be "easy". I did however say the Steelers can win without him.

  8. #28
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,743
    i was going to do the leg work myself but i saw this topic posted on anothber site and someone did it for me.
    apparently wallace continues to think we are stupid(some 'real' fans still are)and doesnt realize that we can look up his stats from year to year.
    another poster compared his stats and realized that wallace is not being targeted less this year than previous years but actually more......hmmmmmmm



    yup, lets give him 10-11 per....lol

  9. #29
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Over simplifying your argument doesn't make it anymore correct. It just makes it sound more absurd.

    It's hard enough to draft one wide receiver that has the skill set of Mike Wallace and do the things he can do. It was amazing the Steelers were able to draft 3 wide receivers that produce and two of them studs.

    To find a replacement for Wallace is not going to be "easy". I did however say the Steelers can win without him.
    OH, Ok, let's take it beyond words and look at the actual #s for a guy who will be so "hard to replace."


    And the FACTS (something you probably don't like too much) prove he is being targeted MORE OFTEN this season than his previous seasons. And, he is so hard to replace, that on the below have more production than Wall_ASS has. That is 45 rec. who have more yards than does MW. I mean, how on earth will we ever find a way to replace a guy that ranks as 46th in the NFL in yards? That is insane. No way can we ever replace that.


    Calvin Johnson WR DET 12 86 1428 119.0 16.6 53 29 4 5
    Demaryius Thomas WR DEN 13 74 1197 92.1 16.2 71 23 5 8
    Brandon Marshall WR CHI 12 91 1182 98.5 13.0 56 14 2 8
    Reggie Wayne WR IND 12 88 1156 96.3 13.1 30 20 0 3
    Andre Johnson WR HOU 12 74 1114 92.8 15.1 60 17 4 3
    A.J. Green WR CIN 12 76 1107 92.2 14.6 73 14 7 10
    Wes Welker WR NE 12 92 1064 88.7 11.6 59 9 2 4
    Roddy White WR ATL 12 68 1023 85.2 15.0 59 16 3 4
    Vincent Jackson WR TB 12 50 1014 84.5 20.3 95 19 4 7
    Dez Bryant WR DAL 12 71 978 81.5 13.8 85 12 3 8
    Julio Jones WR ATL 12 58 931 77.6 16.1 80 14 4 6
    Brian Hartline WR MIA 12 60 891 74.2 14.9 80 10 3 1
    Steve Smith WR CAR 12 53 890 74.2 16.8 66 12 3 2
    Victor Cruz WR NYG 12 68 883 73.6 13.0 80 9 3 8
    Marques Colston WR NO 12 61 828 69.0 13.6 40 10 1 8
    Cecil Shorts WR JAC 12 43 824 68.7 19.2 80 15 5 7
    Lance Moore WR NO 11 52 822 74.7 15.8 43 11 1 4
    Jason Witten TE DAL 12 88 818 68.2 9.3 36 6 0 1
    Eric Decker WR DEN 13 64 790 60.8 12.3 55 10 1 8
    Miles Austin WR DAL 12 51 773 64.4 15.2 49 13 1 5
    Tony Gonzalez TE ATL 12 73 770 64.2 10.5 25 3 0 7
    Malcom Floyd WR SD 12 51 765 63.8 15.0 39 14 0 4
    Anquan Boldin WR BAL 12 55 750 62.5 13.6 43 14 1 2
    Rob Gronkowski TE NE 10 53 748 74.8 14.1 41 12 1 10
    Torrey Smith WR BAL 12 42 732 61.0 17.4 54 13 4 7
    Dwayne Bowe WR KC 12 57 731 60.9 12.8 46 9 1 3
    Brandon Myers TE OAK 13 70 728 56.0 10.4 29 8 0 4
    Davone Bess
    Mike Williams WR TB 12 43 718 59.8 16.7 65 12 5 6
    Steve Johnson WR BUF 12 55 705 58.8 12.8 63 6 2 5
    Jeremy Kerley WR NYJ 12 48 701 58.4 14.6 66 12 3 2
    DeSean Jackson WR PHI 11 45 700 63.6 15.6 77 9 2 2
    Denarius Moore WR OAK 12 42 678 56.5 16.1 58 12 2 6
    Percy Harvin WR MIN 9 62 677 75.2 10.9 45 8 1 3
    Donnie Avery WR IND 12 49 675 56.2 13.8 48 8 4 3
    Randall Cobb WR GB 12 64 675 56.2 10.5 39 9 0 7
    Michael Crabtree WR SF 12 57 668 55.7 11.7 36 8 0 5
    Jordy Nelson WR GB 11 46 658 59.8 14.3 61 7 3 6
    Jimmy Graham TE NO 11 59 654 59.5 11.1 46 8 1 8
    Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 12 56 650 54.2 11.6 37 8 0 4
    Josh Gordon WR CLE 12 34 646 53.8 19.0 71 12 3 5
    Andre Roberts WR ARI 11 50 639 58.1 12.8 46 9 2 5
    Greg Olsen TE CAR 12 50 636 53.0 12.7 47 8 1 4
    Nate Washington WR TEN 12 38 633 52.8 16.7 71 12 2 4
    Sidney Rice WR SEA 12 43 623 51.9 14.5 46 10 1 7

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,743
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    OH, Ok, let's take it beyond words and look at the actual #s for a guy who will be so "hard to replace."


    And the FACTS (something you probably don't like too much) prove he is being targeted MORE OFTEN this season than his previous seasons. And, he is so hard to replace, that on the below have more production than Wall_ASS has. That is 45 rec. who have more yards than does MW. I mean, how on earth will we ever find a way to replace a guy that ranks as 46th in the NFL in yards? That is insane. No way can we ever replace that.


    Calvin Johnson WR DET 12 86 1428 119.0 16.6 53 29 4 5
    Demaryius Thomas WR DEN 13 74 1197 92.1 16.2 71 23 5 8
    Brandon Marshall WR CHI 12 91 1182 98.5 13.0 56 14 2 8
    Reggie Wayne WR IND 12 88 1156 96.3 13.1 30 20 0 3
    Andre Johnson WR HOU 12 74 1114 92.8 15.1 60 17 4 3
    A.J. Green WR CIN 12 76 1107 92.2 14.6 73 14 7 10
    Wes Welker WR NE 12 92 1064 88.7 11.6 59 9 2 4
    Roddy White WR ATL 12 68 1023 85.2 15.0 59 16 3 4
    Vincent Jackson WR TB 12 50 1014 84.5 20.3 95 19 4 7
    Dez Bryant WR DAL 12 71 978 81.5 13.8 85 12 3 8
    Julio Jones WR ATL 12 58 931 77.6 16.1 80 14 4 6
    Brian Hartline WR MIA 12 60 891 74.2 14.9 80 10 3 1
    Steve Smith WR CAR 12 53 890 74.2 16.8 66 12 3 2
    Victor Cruz WR NYG 12 68 883 73.6 13.0 80 9 3 8
    Marques Colston WR NO 12 61 828 69.0 13.6 40 10 1 8
    Cecil Shorts WR JAC 12 43 824 68.7 19.2 80 15 5 7
    Lance Moore WR NO 11 52 822 74.7 15.8 43 11 1 4
    Jason Witten TE DAL 12 88 818 68.2 9.3 36 6 0 1
    Eric Decker WR DEN 13 64 790 60.8 12.3 55 10 1 8
    Miles Austin WR DAL 12 51 773 64.4 15.2 49 13 1 5
    Tony Gonzalez TE ATL 12 73 770 64.2 10.5 25 3 0 7
    Malcom Floyd WR SD 12 51 765 63.8 15.0 39 14 0 4
    Anquan Boldin WR BAL 12 55 750 62.5 13.6 43 14 1 2
    Rob Gronkowski TE NE 10 53 748 74.8 14.1 41 12 1 10
    Torrey Smith WR BAL 12 42 732 61.0 17.4 54 13 4 7
    Dwayne Bowe WR KC 12 57 731 60.9 12.8 46 9 1 3
    Brandon Myers TE OAK 13 70 728 56.0 10.4 29 8 0 4
    Davone Bess
    Mike Williams WR TB 12 43 718 59.8 16.7 65 12 5 6
    Steve Johnson WR BUF 12 55 705 58.8 12.8 63 6 2 5
    Jeremy Kerley WR NYJ 12 48 701 58.4 14.6 66 12 3 2
    DeSean Jackson WR PHI 11 45 700 63.6 15.6 77 9 2 2
    Denarius Moore WR OAK 12 42 678 56.5 16.1 58 12 2 6
    Percy Harvin WR MIN 9 62 677 75.2 10.9 45 8 1 3
    Donnie Avery WR IND 12 49 675 56.2 13.8 48 8 4 3
    Randall Cobb WR GB 12 64 675 56.2 10.5 39 9 0 7
    Michael Crabtree WR SF 12 57 668 55.7 11.7 36 8 0 5
    Jordy Nelson WR GB 11 46 658 59.8 14.3 61 7 3 6
    Jimmy Graham TE NO 11 59 654 59.5 11.1 46 8 1 8
    Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 12 56 650 54.2 11.6 37 8 0 4
    Josh Gordon WR CLE 12 34 646 53.8 19.0 71 12 3 5
    Andre Roberts WR ARI 11 50 639 58.1 12.8 46 9 2 5
    Greg Olsen TE CAR 12 50 636 53.0 12.7 47 8 1 4
    Nate Washington WR TEN 12 38 633 52.8 16.7 71 12 2 4
    Sidney Rice WR SEA 12 43 623 51.9 14.5 46 10 1 7

    however in the world are those teams going to be able to pay those wrs 12-20 million per year(you know, fair market value) when they become FAs?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •