Thread: Could Ike Being Out Be a Blessing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Could Ike Being Out Be a Blessing?

We'll get to see what Lewis/Allen/Brown can do vs Alexander, Bryant, Greene. That might be about as hot a trio of WRs that there is. Those 3 are a matchup nightmare for anyone.

I think it's gonna be a great tune up for our DBs going into the playoffs. I don't think we'll see anyone more dangerous than these 3. It's a great crash course for our youngins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy,
    Ask this question again in about a month...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think having our best CB out is a blessing. I just don't see it that way, but I am encouraged at the young guys looked so far. But, I think it's too soon to think they are all rock solid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't think having our best CB out is a blessing. I just don't see it that way, but I am encouraged at the young guys looked so far. But, I think it's too soon to think they are all rock solid.

I agree. And this would be a good time for the Offense help the situation and carry its weight by scoring more than 23 points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't think having our best CB out is a blessing. I just don't see it that way
    yeah, I don't think it's going to be a blessing at all when we face AJ Green soon in what will most likely amount to be our most important game of the season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

a blessing??? no
    interesting in September maybe...but a blessing in December?? No No No No No No.....and NO!!!

Flippy...you need to become a Positive Attitude Guru and write a book. haha
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

No. Hope that helps.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's nowhere near a blessing when you're fighting for a playoff spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Crucial roles await Steelers’ Allen, Brown

Steelers cornerback Cortez Allen will be asked to pick up the slack in the secondary.

By Mark Kaboly
    Published: Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When the Steelers drafted cornerbacks Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown in back-to-back rounds last year, they were clearly trying to solidify the position for the future.

Well, the future is now.

Ike Taylor will miss his first game in eight years Sunday when the Steelers host San Diego, giving Allen his first career start and opening the door for Brown to see his first extended action in the Steelers’ sub-package.

While the Chargers and quarterback Philip Rivers may view it as a decisive advantage, the Steelers are approaching it as a vital opportunity.

“I think everybody’s itching to see what they’re going to do anyway,” Steelers nose tackle Casey Hampton said. “It’s unfortunate with Ike, but those young guys are kind of coming. I know I am for sure interested in how they’re going to play.”

Allen has played nearly 50 percent of the defensive snaps this year. The majority of them have come in the slot at nickel back, but he has seen limited action at cornerback — except for last week, when he filled in for the injured Taylor.

Allen will move back to his familiar slot in the nickel, with Brown taking over at cornerback.

“This is something you look forward in doing as a football player with the thoughts of one day being a starter,” Allen said. “This is a good test for me, a big test for me to show that I can handle the job. I am ready for this. I am confident.”

Allen was picked on by Baltimore last week, and he had varying degrees of success. He was targeted 12 times and had three pass defenses, but he allowed six catches for 89 yards and a touchdown and was hit with a pass interference penalty.

Brown might be who the Chargers decide to go after. He’s played only 31 defensive snaps in his two years, with 16 of those coming last week after Taylor’s injury. Brown has played almost exclusively on special teams during his first two years.

That’s one of the reasons Brown feels that the Chargers are going to play a lot of multiple receiver sets and force the Steelers into their nickel package.

“Obviously, yes,” Brown said about the Chargers possibly targeting him. “I haven’t played as much as the other guys this season. I feel that they will test me early, but I just have to stand up to that challenge.”

Top cornerback Keenan Lewis, who played the same role last year that Brown will play against the Chargers, has confidence that Brown won’t be targeted after a couple of plays.

“They will try to see who is who and what he’s got,” Lewis said. “But they are going to recognize real fast that they can play.”

Allen added: “Like Coach Tomlin says, the ball keeps rolling.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3082868-85/brown-allen-steelers#ixzz2EKsbIs36[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha