Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've said it since the beginning of November!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I've said it since the beginning of November!

I really like where this team stands and where it is headed. Are there issues with this squad? Of course there is but there are issues with every team in the NFL. Ben's health is our first and foremost concern but from all signs leading from practice he will be on the field come Sunday, which is a Godsend. This team has a tendency to be inconsistent with their running game but over the next couple of weeks they can hopefully find their niche since they have opponents that will be easier to run on. The OL has been inconsistent because of injuries but I think we are starting to see a team that could find it's staring 5 come playoff time with Starks, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, and Foster. They have had trouble producing turnovers and sacks but the Chargers and Cowboys should help the team find this ability since they are turnover prone. I think this team could find it's stride come December and could be the team that no one wants to see in January, kind of like the Giants, Packers, and 05 Steelers. Their schedule sets up as such with three of the last four at home and the most important game (The Bengals) being at Heinz.

The Chargers - this team has fallen apart and will have a hard time getting up for an early start in the Burgh considering its 10 AM their time.

The Cowboys - The Cowboys are always terrible in December and if I recall correctly Romo either leads the league or is second in the league in interceptions. The Steelers should go down there and take care of business without much resistance.

The Bengals - This is the game that will make or break the Steelers hopes of advancing far into the playoffs. The Bengals are playing very well but at the same time Andy Dalton is pretty terrible every time he sees the Steelers. There is no way BJGE will run on the Steelers the way he has their last few opponents and yes their D is much improved but playing at Heinz will not be an easy task for this young group.

The Browns - Well we already know the bad taste that the Steelers will have in their mouth the next time they see the Brown and Orange. I have the feeling that the Steelers are going to put a real hurting on the Growns without the opponent putting up much of a fight. I could see a 40 Burger.

Overall I think this team finishes 11-5 and looking at the Ravens schedule we may actually have a shot in the division. The trip to Washington will be no redeo as Flacco is terrible on the road and the Ravens D will struggle mightily with RG3 and Alfred Morris. That game will come down to who makes the mistake in the 4th quarter. The Ravens also have home games against the Manning Boys and I woudl expect them to lose at least one of them. They them close the season in Cincy and the Bengals could be playing for a playoff spot and did I mention that Flacco is terrible on the Road. If the Ravens lose 3 out 4 games them all the sudden the records look like this.

Steelers 11-5
    Ravens 10-6
    Bengals 9-7
    Browns 5-11

I don't know if this would score the Steelers a bye but it sure would be nice to see a playoff game in the Burgh with all the towels a waving.

Seeding would look like this:

1) Houston
    2) New England
    3) Denver
    4) Pittsburgh
    5) Baltimore
    6) Cinncy
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

a very well-thought out and written post!

unfortunately, I just can't see us finishing ahead of the Ravens...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

We can dream....I would love for it to play out that way, but time will tell.

I am just hoping we can get past San Diego this week.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Ravens play @ Washington, vs. Denver, vs. NY Giants and @ Cincinnati...

It is very possible that they could lose three or all four of those games...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Ravens play @ Washington, vs. Denver, vs. NY Giants and @ Cincinnati...

It is very possible that they could lose three or all four of those games...
    Difficult to imagine a sweeter Christmas present ! The Rats are ripe for the takin'. Those 4 teams need to pounce early and keep their spirits crushed.

Backup

User Info Menu

1) Houston
    2) New England
    3) Denver
    4) Pittsburgh
    5) Baltimore
    6) Cinncy
    If this is how it ends, I believe Steelers would play Ratbirds at home, Cin @ Den. Pit, Den win: Pit @ Hou, Den @ NE. Pit, Cin win: Pit @ NE, Cin @ Hou.

Legend

User Info Menu

And here you are saying it again in the beginning of December. Hopefully you'll get to say it in the beginning of Jan and Feb. And we can celebrate it the whole offseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Colts already have 8 wins. They still have 2 tough games left against the division leading Texans, and they host the Titans and travel to the Chiefs. I don't see Indy collapsing down the stretch and finishing behind the Bengals.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I just having a funny feeling about this team and they are going to get healthy right at the correct time and will be one of the if not the most dangerous team!! Haley's offense looks like it is starting to click and the defense is starting to make more splash plays!! Looking forward to this playoff run!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Things could go either way at this points. The most important thing the Steelers should learn is to shore up the mistakes and quit handing games to lesser opponents. If they learn to stop pressing and just take care of business, then the outcome will be favorable.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION