Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben should return Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger to start Sunday vs. Chargers

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger throws during practice Wednesday at the team's South Side facility. Coach Mike Tomlin said Roethlisberger, barring a setback, will start Sunday against San Diego.

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ben Roethlisberger will start at quarterback Sunday for the Steelers unless he has an unexpected setback in the next two days.

Roethlisberger took a majority of the snaps with the starters Wednesday in practice, and Tomlin said afterward, “We’ll see how his body responds (Thursday), and we’ll go from there, but it was a positive day today. He made all the necessary throws.”

Roethlisberger missed the past three games with a sprained sternoclavicular joint that inhibited his throwing and a rib dislocation and upper chest fracture that caused considerable pain.

He tried working in practice last week but couldn’t throw for any distance. As a result, Tomlin said during his weekly news conference Tuesday that Roethlisberger needed to prove he could make all the necessary throws before he resumed playing.

Roethlisberger did that Wednesday, and it was evident Tomlin was pleased with what he saw.

“He threw the ball around both horizontally and vertically,” Tomlin said. “I thought the ball had good velocity, particularly in a few instances. It was positive.”

Charlie Batch, who led the Steelers (7-5) past the Ravens 23-20 on Sunday, said before practice he was ready to start again. However, he will play against the Chargers (4- at Heinz Field only if Roethlisberger doesn’t respond well to his first full practice since Nov. 10.

“There’s a little bit of pain and tightness, but we’re not worried about that feeling right now,” Roethlisberger said.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3077271-85/roethlisberger-tomlin-steelers#ixzz2EDqAZZrq[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You guys are missing the more significant news item; keeping Pouncey at LG and Legs at C!!! Something tells me the coaches like what they saw last weekend on that OL..
    With Colon likely able to play again, and Adams not, I wonder if they move Colon back to his old RT spot now instead of Beachum.

Starks-Pouncey-Legursky-Foster-Colon
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    With Colon likely able to play again, and Adams not, I wonder if they move Colon back to his old RT spot now instead of Beachum.

Starks-Pouncey-Legursky-Foster-Colon
    I'm more concerned with how soon we can get DD in the mix. I prefer Foster at RT. Let's slide him out and get DD some work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I said all along the Ben injury would take a month to fully heal. That's right where this is coming in at. I said the phony "We got good news from the doctor today" was just a feign in order to "trick" the Ravens. I was right.
    The statues being made in your honor are on their way. Just wait.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers' Roethlisberger to start against Chargers

By WILL GRAVES
    — Dec. 6

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances with their franchise quarterback's sprained right shoulder and dislocated rib.

Though the Steelers confirmed Ben Roethlisberger will return to the starting lineup on Sunday against San Diego after missing three weeks due to injury, Roethlisberger will take the field with a little extra protection.

Roethlisberger will play with a custom fit rib/chest compression shirt and a layer of Kevlar-lined composite in his shoulder pads to help absorb hits to his clavicle and shoulder joint regions.

The padding, made by Unequal Technologies, has grown popular across the NFL. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick wore a similar compression shirt after injuring his ribs a few years ago and dozens of players — including Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison — use Unequal CRT in their helmets.

The padding — about a half-inch thick— in Roethlisberger's shoulder pads is similar to the gear the company puts in its chest protectors for baseball catchers. Roethlisberger said last week his shoulder pads had been "juiced up" by the team trainers.

Whatever he's wearing, the Steelers (7-5) are eager to have him back on the field. Roethlisberger took "90 percent" of the first-team snaps on Thursday without any major issues.

"He looks like himself for the most part," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "Now I don't know what he's feeling when he's doing some of those things. But it looks like he's moving around pretty good."

Roethlisberger said he felt "good" but declined to expand. Haley doesn't expect there to be any limitations to the playbook though he joked he might not call as many designed run plays for his quarterback, who never met a play he didn't like to extend.

"I think he understands his body better than anybody," Haley said. "He's the one that's got to make the decisions and we'll just try to put him in the best positions to succeed."

The Steelers went 1-2 in Roethlisberger's absence, including a 23-20 victory over Baltimore last week behind backup Charlie Batch. While Batch's steady performance against the Ravens kept Pittsburgh's playoff hopes alive, the team hopes to hit its stride with a healthy Roethlisberger under center.

"When Ben's in it's just a whole different level of game planning and things that teams have to do just to compensate for how athletic he is," wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "I think he brings a dimension to the team that nobody else can bring."

[URL]http://pro32.ap.org/content/steelers-roethlisberger-start-against-chargers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha