Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best modern era Steeler backs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    JHJ was a beast, at one time ranked 4th on the NFL's all-time rushing list, behind Jim Brown, Jim Taylor, and his 49er teammate Joe Perry, with whom he shared carries in the million-dollar backfield that included Hugh McElhenny too. JHJ is a Hall-of-Famer. In one of those great Saturday night absolute brawls they used to play in the old Cleveland Mausoleum, Oct 10, 1964, 35-year-old JHJ outgained Jim Brown 200 yards to 59 yards. I remember seeing those games on TV. JHJ was a Steeler from 1960 to 65. Maybe a bit old for some on the board. He would be in the top few on my list.

I would have included both John Henry johnson and Dick Hoak in my list but the OP's premise was that no RB who played before the 70s should be included so I left them out.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would have included both John Henry johnson and Dick Hoak in my list but the OP's premise was that no RB who played before the 70s should be included so I left them out.
    I did so for three reasons:

1.) I just don't care about sports that came at a time before I was even born.

2.) The game was so different with the sport before the 1970s.

3.) I can't have opinions on players that I have never even seen highlights from, not to mention, not having ever seen them play. I just can't form an opinion on players I have never seen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

and how is Frenchy Fuqua not on anybody's list?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    and how is Frenchy Fuqua not on anybody's list?
    I was saving him for the 10 Steelers Who May Have Also Been Pimps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    he would have to be #1 on that list...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If only they made cleats for shoes with goldfish swimming in the heels...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    1. Richard Seigler.
    2. Richard Seigler.
    3. Richard Seigler.
    4. Richard Seigler.
    5. Richard Seigler.
    6. Richard Seigler.
    7. Richard Seigler.
    8. Richard Seigler.
    9. Frenchy Fuqua.
    10. Richard Seigler.

[URL]http://www.wpxi.com/news/sports/former-steeler-arrested-for-alleged-prostitition-r/nGnSX/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.