Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Bringing In CB due to Taylor's Injury

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers Bringing In CB due to Taylor's Injury

It looks as if the Pittsburgh Steelers will be bringing in Stanford Routt for a workout today. I actually would like this move. I know that he has had some difficulties in the past but who hasn't that played for the Raiders. I think the guy could be a contributor in the sub packages and could give the Steelers another experienced corner for the stretch run. As much as I hate losing Ike, it could actually be a plus in the end. Any thoughts?

Side Note: Routt does also have a workout scheduled with the Houston Texans as well today!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

When it is week 14 and you need to hit the streets to find a CB, Routt is a good find.

Legend

User Info Menu

There are no unsigned 'hidden gems' at this point in the season. It's mostly a matter of whether the team is willing to try to coach him up and keep him out of trouble. As a short term fix, I don't think the team could do much better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There are no unsigned 'hidden gems' at this point in the season.
    SD got Danario Alexander off the street a few weeks back and he's turning into a beast of a WR. You never know?

Starter

User Info Menu

Routt played at University of Houston, though, so he may prefer to play in Houston, but you never know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stanford Routt visiting Pittsburgh too

Posted by Josh Alper on December 4, 2012

It’s a good time of the year to be a veteran cornerback looking for work.

Injuries open up opportunities in secondaries and you’re likely to be contacted by teams in playoff contention who don’t want to rely on untested players in the final weeks. Stanford Routt has two such teams on the line right now.

As Darin Gantt noted earlier, Routt is working out for the Texans on Tuesday after Houston lost cornerback Brice McCain for the season on Sunday. With Jonathan Joseph and Alan Ball also ailing, Houston could use some help right now.

So could Pittsburgh. Ike Taylor is going to be out for a while and the Steelers want a look at Routt as well. John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that Routt will head to Pittsburgh after meeting with the Texans.

If Routt does land with either team, it will continue a strange year for the cornerback. He got dumped by the Raiders and Chiefs while pocketing about $11 million, but could wind up in the playoffs with a team that has more wins than the two teams he used to play for combined.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/04/stanford-routt-heading-to-pittsburgh-too/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmmm...Looking at this level tells me Taylor's injury may be at least the regular season & maybe beyond. They may not know excatly. I would be OK with Routt if Taylor is IR'd or out for the regular season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wonder what Bryant McFadden is up to these days...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Word on Twitter is the Texans are signing him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Wonder what Bryant McFadden is up to these days...
    I will always fondly remember BMac for that pass he broke up against Reggie Wayne that helped us to beat the Colts and ultimately win the Super Bowl...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha