Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Bringing In CB due to Taylor's Injury

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Word on Twitter is the Texans are signing him.
    Texans sign cornerback Stanford Routt to one-year deal

Posted on December 4, 2012 by John McClain

After losing Brice McCain with a fractured foot and seeing Johnathan Joseph and Alan Ball miss Sunday’s 24-10 victory at Tennessee, the Texans were in the market for another cornerback before they play Monday night at New England.

The Texans worked out heavily criticized veteran Stanford Routt this morning. Then they met with him and interviewed him and have elected to sign him to a one-year, pro-rated deal.

Routt, 29, played at the University of Houston. Oakland selected him in the second round of the 2005 draft after he ran a 4.27 40-yard dash at the scouting combine. He played seven seasons with the Raiders.

Routt (6-2, 195) signed with Kansas City in the offseason. He was so bad with the Chiefs they placed him on waivers on Nov. 5.

Routt has been given perhaps a last chance to show the NFL that he’s coachable and not the problem child he’s been portrayed as. He’ll have to overcome that reputation with the Texans, who are 11-1 with a six-game winning streak.

Today, the Texans have three healthy cornerbacks – Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael. They’re hoping Joseph and Ball will be healthy enough to play against the Patriots.

[URL]http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/12/texans-sign-cornerback-stanford-routt-to-one-year-deal/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I will always fondly remember BMac for that pass he broke up against Reggie Wayne that helped us to beat the Colts and ultimately win the Super Bowl...

I remember that one, too. Huge play.

I also think highly of McFadden based on the way he handled himself last year. He didn't pout when demoted and even made a few key special teams plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Where oh where is my Joe Burnett. A guy I thought couldn't miss.

One more reason I have to drag my sorry arse to the office every morning instead of being a scout for my favorite football team.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post

One more reason I have to drag my sorry arse to the office every morning instead of being a scout for my favorite football team.
    I liked Burnett and Crezdon Butler and hated Lewis!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post

Joe Burnett is now a proud member of the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Crezdon Butler was on a practice squad, but was signed to the Bills active roster last month...

I might give Burnett another shot...now that the CFL season is over...he never worked with Carnell Lake as a coach...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Crezdon Butler was on a practice squad, but was signed to the Bills active roster last month...

I might give Burnett another shot...now that the CFL season is over...he never worked with Carnell Lake as a coach...
    Burnett had a great season in Canada. I guess the fact they are looking means Marcus Van Dyke isn't going to amount to anything

2012: (Edmonton) In 18 games (18 starts) at cornerback Burnett recorded 47 defensive tackles (2 for a loss), 3 special teams tackles, a team-leading 7 knockdowns, a team and league-leading 6 interceptions for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns, including one of which was returned 108 yards for a touchdown, and a fumble recovery returned 44 yards for a touchdown. He also had 28 kickoff returns for 573 yards (longest 43, average 20.5), 52 punt returns for 440 yards, (longest 43, average 8.5) and 3 missed field goal returns for 74 yards (longest 27, average 24.7). He earned Defensive Player of the Week honours in Week 4. Burnett also started the Eastern Semi-Final and had two tackles and two knockdowns. He added three punt returns for 20 yards. Joe was named a Western Division All-Star.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess the fact they are looking means Marcus Van Dyke isn't going to amount to anything
    Not sure if that is an accurate assumption to make. The way the NFL is played today, you need 5-6 CB's on the roster. With Taylor down the Steelers have 4. It's not like they are chasing a starting quality CB.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Will say- don't actually mind the idea of B-Mac at this stage. Familiar with the system & could step in and contribute right away.

What more is needed at this point, right?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE