Thread: Can the Steelers turn around the Turnover Margin??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can the Steelers turn around the Turnover Margin??

The Steelers have teams on the upcoming schedule who are prone to turnovers. With the return of Troy and the play of Worilds do you think the team can change their -11 turnover differential before the season is over? There is a quarter of the season left and I could see Philly Rivers giving up a couple next week. I could see Romo throwing up a couple bad ones down in Dallas and I could see the rookies from Cleveland turnover the ball over the last game of the season. The Bengals game will probably come down to who turns the ball over less. It would be nice to at least get back to a respectable margin in that category.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

With Ben at helm through week 10, we were even in turnover differential. The minus 11 came in the last 3 games with Byron (-3 vs. Ravens) and Charlie (-7 vs. Browns, -1 vs. Ravens) at QB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We are gradually being able to force TOs on defense! For some odd reason this D has a hard time forcing fumbles and making INTs.

I have said since mid-season, if this team can't force TOs (and keep turning the ball over not withstanding), they will not do anything in the playoffs let alone make it. But, against the Ravens, Harrison of old came through and helped lift this team to victory.
    Last edited by skyhawk; 12-04-2012 at 10:06 PM.