Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bordering on attitude problem...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Try not typing in "LaDanian"...
    ha ha...very funny....all I can figure is that it auto fills the most popular word that starts with Tomlin and adds the Son...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Try not typing in "LaDanian"...
    Nice one ........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Geez....unless you are in practice everyday or in the locker room how do you know what kind of vibe rashard mendenhall is giving off?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I know this isn't science, but reading between the lines, he just doesn't exude team attitude when they pan to him on the sidelines. He seems unattached, disinterested, and never seemingly emotionally attached to what the team is doing. They MUST be unhappy with him, beyond just a mere fumble. I just didn't like his effort, period, and maybe they didn't either. I'd much rather have the carries got to JD and a few to Redman, who really 'brings it" as far as effort is concerned. If my hunch is right that his attitude isn't a real team, team status, maybe that is partly why he isn't even dressing at this point. This also really shoots a hole in his effort for a next big contract. What team is going to back up the Brink's truck when the dude wasn't even dressing when healthy?
    Oh...I found your rationale. You sound like the reporter that asked Bobby Knight about his and his players' game faces one year in the NCAA tournament. What do you want him to do on the sideline....he's not dressed. Is he supposed to be doing laps and froth at the mouth at all times, or only when he knows you see him on the tv machine? I'm sure when you are in school or at work you have your "game face" on the entire time.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Oh...I found your rationale. You sound like the reporter that asked Bobby Knight about his and his players' game faces one year in the NCAA tournament. What do you want him to do on the sideline....he's not dressed. Is he supposed to be doing laps and froth at the mouth at all times, or only when he knows you see him on the tv machine? I'm sure when you are in school or at work you have your "game face" on the entire time.
    My examples are not from this game only; they are from my observations over his entire career. He is a detached personality. Fine, if he produced, but he does not. So, that combined with his anti-enthusiasm means sit down, son.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Geez....unless you are in practice everyday or in the locker room how do you know what kind of vibe rashard mendenhall is giving off?
    From observations and insight. Vision. It all adds up.

Legend

User Info Menu

If anything, I thought Mendenhall looked embarrassed and was choking on what pride he might have left when they showed him.
    Sanders was frustrated and I didnt get the vibe his attitude is anywhere near what you described.
    Wallace on the other hand just exudes attitude by his body language.
    Pretty tough to say guys have attitudes without hearing them speak.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I thought Sanders looked as if he was really angry with himself. I was happy to see that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudsteelerfamily View Post
    I thought Sanders looked as if he was really angry with himself. I was happy to see that.
    Agreed. I thought the coaches were trying to console him. He looked like he was being extremely hard on himself for the self-induced fumble.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Mendenhall: He has been demoted to not even dressing. I don't like his presence any where around the team. I honestly think he should be uninvited from the sidelines and locker room at this point. Yea, keep him on the team in case we have injuries, but, I don't like his vibe at all.
    This course of action would be precluded by the CBA.