Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bordering on attitude problem...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bordering on attitude problem...

Now remember, I said, "bordering." I am not saying the sky is falling and I think we have enough leadership to keep the bad attitude from ruining the season. That being said, we are beginning to accumulate some attitude issues, and they are exacerbated by the loss of leadership players such as Hines Ward and Farrior, Hoke, Aaron Smith, etc.

Case in point: Sanders had some drops/fumbles and what's he do about it? Sits on bench and acts like a freaking baby. He acted as if he was wronged some how, when he was the one who F'd up. He acted like a spoiled baby for most of the game. NOT the kind of mental attitude you want to see after some really bad errors.

Wallace: His effort has been crappy all season. Most assume it's mostly from him having a crap tude after not getting the MASSIVE new contract he wanted, and I am sure, his tude bleeds into the locker room, making some other players - possibly - feed off the negative vibes. Even when he supposedly was going to knock off the poor tude and put in more effort, he is still mostly flopping around out there. He reminds me of a big Gumby. Nothing he does is solid. Even when he does make a catch, it always borders on "just barely." Frustrating. Any how, his attitude can't be helping the team mindset. He is supposedly our leading WR but I ain't feeling it. Add in the moping Sanders and we have a potential problem.

Mendenhall: He has been demoted to not even dressing. I don't like his presence any where around the team. I honestly think he should be uninvited from the sidelines and locker room at this point. Yea, keep him on the team in case we have injuries, but, I don't like his vibe at all.

Dwyer: According to the announcers of the game, he had a talking to and now understands the proper attitude to have. It did seem like he stopped trying to get out of the game after 2 carries like he was prior to this. But previous to this, his lazy tude was not helping the collective team mindset. It couldn't have been a positive factor. But, hopefully he "gets it" at this point.

Hopefully, players like Ben, Keisel, Harrison, Foote, Troy, and the coaching staff, can keep the whining, loser attitude at bay. I sure hope so. But in the off season, I really hope they "cull the herd" and get rid of some of these guys showing non-Steeler like tudes. Sanders little tirade was ridiculous and Wallace has been a malcontent all season long. We can't afford that kind of tude, as it never wins any championships. I am not saying it's to the point of spoiling the team as of now, but it needs addressed and usually it has to come from the players, not the coaches. You MUST have enough leaders on the team, as if it's just from the coaches, players tune it out. I would love for Harrison to tell Sanders and Wallace, "Look, you gotta come correct. We are busting our @sses out here and we ain't gonna let you whine and bring the team down. It ain't happening. Understood?" If I was ever considering being lazy or a malcontent, and Harrison had a little talk with me, I would come correct immediately.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pretty sure Dwyer is just out of shape and needs to fix that. I don't think Sanders was throwing a fit over his performance...he actually had a separated shoulder and was angry over that, then went back in the game and had a nice catch.

Wallace and Mendy are piss poor though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Serious question here … I know Mendy has fumbled a lot and deserves some negative attention from the coaches - but what did he do wrong with attitude?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Serious question here … I know Mendy has fumbled a lot and deserves some negative attention from the coaches - but what did he do wrong with attitude?
    I know this isn't science, but reading between the lines, he just doesn't exude team attitude when they pan to him on the sidelines. He seems unattached, disinterested, and never seemingly emotionally attached to what the team is doing. They MUST be unhappy with him, beyond just a mere fumble. I just didn't like his effort, period, and maybe they didn't either. I'd much rather have the carries got to JD and a few to Redman, who really 'brings it" as far as effort is concerned. If my hunch is right that his attitude isn't a real team, team status, maybe that is partly why he isn't even dressing at this point. This also really shoots a hole in his effort for a next big contract. What team is going to back up the Brink's truck when the dude wasn't even dressing when healthy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I know this isn't science, but reading between the lines, he just doesn't exude team attitude when they pan to him on the sidelines. He seems unattached, disinterested, and never seemingly emotionally attached to what the team is doing. They MUST be unhappy with him, beyond just a mere fumble. I just didn't like his effort, period, and maybe they didn't either. I'd much rather have the carries got to JD and a few to Redman, who really 'brings it" as far as effort is concerned. If my hunch is right that his attitude isn't a real team, team status, maybe that is partly why he isn't even dressing at this point. This also really shoots a hole in his effort for a next big contract. What team is going to back up the Brink's truck when the dude wasn't even dressing when healthy?
    Oh...I found your rationale. You sound like the reporter that asked Bobby Knight about his and his players' game faces one year in the NCAA tournament. What do you want him to do on the sideline....he's not dressed. Is he supposed to be doing laps and froth at the mouth at all times, or only when he knows you see him on the tv machine? I'm sure when you are in school or at work you have your "game face" on the entire time.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Oh...I found your rationale. You sound like the reporter that asked Bobby Knight about his and his players' game faces one year in the NCAA tournament. What do you want him to do on the sideline....he's not dressed. Is he supposed to be doing laps and froth at the mouth at all times, or only when he knows you see him on the tv machine? I'm sure when you are in school or at work you have your "game face" on the entire time.
    My examples are not from this game only; they are from my observations over his entire career. He is a detached personality. Fine, if he produced, but he does not. So, that combined with his anti-enthusiasm means sit down, son.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    As we all say, who knows what happens behind those doors on the south side. I personally find it hard to believe that anyone that would sympathize with Bin Laden, and rag on his teams fans, both publicly, and then appear to not give a crap he got benched, would be anything but a douchebag. By being a top draft pick, and starting RB on the Steelers, he should be a leader and he simply isn't. Who knows what he did after the Browns crap performance. He may of told Tomlin to kiss his behind for all we know.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    As we all say, who knows what happens behind those doors on the south side. I personally find it hard to believe that anyone that would sympathize with Bin Laden, and rag on his teams fans, both publicly, and then appear to not give a crap he got benched, would be anything but a douchebag. By being a top draft pick, and starting RB on the Steelers, he should be a leader and he simply isn't. Who knows what he did after the Browns crap performance. He may of told Tomlin to kiss his behind for all we know.
    He's definitely not a leader. He just doesn't exude any good vibes from what I've seen. No, he doesn't have to do cartwheels on the sideline, cheer leading, but if you have been on any sports teams, or, hell, even playing backyard football, you know if you are a "normal" teammate, you get pumped up when your team scores or makes a play. That dude always just sits and stares with his Jesus-doll-from-movie "Carrie" eyes instead. I would say it's safe to say he said something showing poor tude after the Browns game. He just doesn't give a crap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ps - why does my iPad keep changing Tomlin to Tomlinson?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Ps - why does my iPad keep changing Tomlin to Tomlinson?
    Try not typing in "LaDanian"...