Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, I have to admit.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    We won the SuperBowl with Max at RT in his rookie season.....weird huh!!

They say GILBERT is a natural LT. Who knows
    Gilbert has publicly stated that he prefers and feels more comfortable at LT.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

strange, cause for except for half his senior season, he's played RT for the most part

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post

Hampton is actually playing pretty well
    Are you talking about the Ravens game? I thought he was an embarrassment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    strange, cause for except for half his senior season, he's played RT for the most part
    he played RT at Florida in order to protect the left-handed Tim Tebow's blind side, only after Tebow graduated did Gilbert move to his more natural LT position.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I heard somewhere that Gilbert was going on IR. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that. How about that. The OL is coming along and DD isn't even playing. The Pouncey switch to LG might be a good long term idea. He played well at G last night. I'd rather have him there than Colon, to be honest....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Lake Effect

I’m not talking snow. I’m talking about Steelers secondary coach, Carnell Lake. Lake signed on with the team last season as the coach, and I think he is working wonders with the new guys like Cortez Allen. How else can you explain Keenan Lewis’ ability to FINALLY cover guys at least 75% of the game? How else can you explain that both Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown are impacting the secondary and special teams at the same time?

How else can you explain that Will Allen and Ryan Clark have been a force in the safety positions during Troy Polamalu’s absence almost all season? How is it that this defense has been #1 in pass defense two seasons in a row? Sure the secondary is full of talented players, but it’s Lake’s coaching that has gelled it all together. What a stroke of brilliance by the Front Office to get Lake on board.

[URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/12/03...medium=twitter[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I think I heard somewhere that Gilbert was going on IR. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I heard that.
    yes, Gilbert has already been placed on IR and his season is over.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    But please, give McClendon more playing time, for Betsy's sake.
    Betsy? Whatever happened to Pete?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Leech putting Hampton on his back was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. He just trucked Casey.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wink

Yeah, twice the pay for a good young left tackle.....I'm not shocked he is "more comfortable" there.

By "more comfortable" he means standard of living.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher