Thread: The Seven-Yard Cushion...

Legend

User Info Menu

The Seven-Yard Cushion...

...is dead.

I, for one, am glad.

Legend

User Info Menu

There was a cushion on some plays, such as the long pass to Smith that Cortez Allen broke up early, and there, I was quite pleased that he did have the cushion since it allowed him to get back and almost make a pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    There was a cushion on some plays, such as the long pass to Smith that Cortez Allen broke up early, and there, I was quite pleased that he did have the cushion since it allowed him to get back and almost make a pick.
    Allen is definitely a keeper. The kid is really starting to pull it together. IMO he will end up better than Ike ever was.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Allen is definitely a keeper. The kid is really starting to pull it together. IMO he will end up better than Ike ever was.
    I hope he becomes better than Ike ever was as well, but he isn't better right now. I hope Ike's prognosis is closer to the 2 week injury than the 6 week injury. Rivers, Romo and Dalton are good quarterbacks, not elite, but they are good. I'd rather have Ike out there to hand Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Antonio Gates.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I hope he becomes better than Ike ever was as well, but he isn't better right now. I hope Ike's prognosis is closer to the 2 week injury than the 6 week injury. Rivers, Romo and Dalton are good quarterbacks, not elite, but they are good. I'd rather have Ike out there to hand Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Antonio Gates.

Pappy

$$$$
    We'd better be able to put up a lot of points, because we might be giving up more than usual.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was wondering about this also. Are we playing tighter coverage because we now have the talent at corner to do so or has the dinosaur, as some have called LeBeau, changed philosophy. I think we might have more passes defended this year than any year that I can remember. Lewis has done a great job knocking balls down and Cortez Allen has also.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!