Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Seven-Yard Cushion...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The Seven-Yard Cushion...

    ...is dead.

    I, for one, am glad.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    There was a cushion on some plays, such as the long pass to Smith that Cortez Allen broke up early, and there, I was quite pleased that he did have the cushion since it allowed him to get back and almost make a pick.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    There was a cushion on some plays, such as the long pass to Smith that Cortez Allen broke up early, and there, I was quite pleased that he did have the cushion since it allowed him to get back and almost make a pick.
    Allen is definitely a keeper. The kid is really starting to pull it together. IMO he will end up better than Ike ever was.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Allen is definitely a keeper. The kid is really starting to pull it together. IMO he will end up better than Ike ever was.
    I hope he becomes better than Ike ever was as well, but he isn't better right now. I hope Ike's prognosis is closer to the 2 week injury than the 6 week injury. Rivers, Romo and Dalton are good quarterbacks, not elite, but they are good. I'd rather have Ike out there to hand Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Antonio Gates.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I hope he becomes better than Ike ever was as well, but he isn't better right now. I hope Ike's prognosis is closer to the 2 week injury than the 6 week injury. Rivers, Romo and Dalton are good quarterbacks, not elite, but they are good. I'd rather have Ike out there to hand Dez Bryant, AJ Green or Antonio Gates.

    Pappy

    $$$$
    We'd better be able to put up a lot of points, because we might be giving up more than usual.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I was wondering about this also. Are we playing tighter coverage because we now have the talent at corner to do so or has the dinosaur, as some have called LeBeau, changed philosophy. I think we might have more passes defended this year than any year that I can remember. Lewis has done a great job knocking balls down and Cortez Allen has also.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •