Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

BALTIMORE – Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch put together one of the finest games of his career as the soon-to-been 38-year-old quarterback threw for 276 yards and a touchdown in a 23-20 win over the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

So, of course, the hot topic in the Ravens’ locker room was how the third-stringer was able to perform so well against one of the top teams in the NFL.
    The Ravens were complimentary of Batch, for the most part that is.
    Perennial All-Pro and future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed, well, he said nice things about Batch, but also took a couple shots at him as well.

When asked if he was surprised by Batch’s performance, Reed said: “It is not surprising at all … well, maybe a little bit.”
    But that wasn’t anything compared to a couple minutes before that when teammate Bernard Pollard was asked the same question about Batch.
    “Were you surprised that Charlie Batch was able to make those kind of throws against you guys,” a reporter asked.
    Pollard responded with: “No, he is a professional quarterback. He is on the roster for a reason …”
    Just as Pollard said that, Reed, whose locker is next to Pollard’s and was getting dressed at the time, did the old pretend-like-you-are-coughing-but-saying-a-derogatrory-word-under-your-breath gimmick.
    “Bull(expletive),” Reed said trying to mask the comment with a cough.
    Give Pollard credit because he kept on with his praise of Batch without even blinking an eye.
    “He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.
    Last edited by JAR; 12-03-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Reed can disrespect THIS. Jerk-off.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Their entire organization is all about being disrespectful. I have no respect for their front office, coaches or teams. They do have some good individual players I'm sure when it comes down to having talent and manners but as a whole, they are a classless organization and always will be. That was their identity from the start and it will be that way forever.

Lewis has an ego that could fill the Grand Canyon and he is this teams identity and they feed off of him and it will pass from low life player to low life player from now on. We thought they they had a tool in their last coach Billick and they did but, they have a real piece of work in this new coach.

Do you see how unproffessional their players act on the field and how they mouth off non stop ? Antoin Boldin is the biggest piece of sh*t I have seen in a long time and he fits right into the Raven ways.

I have no respect for the team, organization, coaching, 97% of their players or their fans. Someday I'll tell yinz how I really feel.

Legend

User Info Menu

These douchebags stole a team from Cleveland. What did anyone expect? You lie down with dirty dogs and you're gonna get fleas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    These douchebags stole a team from Cleveland. What did anyone expect? You lie down with dirty dogs and you're gonna get fleas.
    Yep. ....and ticks.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd expect nothing better from a team coached by a Harbaugh.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I still can't figure out how anyone could be a fan of the Cave-ins. No tradition, USFL-looking uniforms and helmets, idiotic team nickname, smug head coach, etc. Just not a very appealing organization to root for.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens team has a "street punk" culture primarily because Lewis and Reed brought that with them from Miami and have instilled that on the other players especially the defense. Unfortunately, their head coach has also bought into that. Players and coach lack class.

I do have very high respect for Ozzie Newsome. I think he is one of the best GMs in football. They do a great job evaluating talent.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I do have very high respect for Ozzie Newsome. I think he is one of the best GMs in football. They do a great job evaluating talent.
    Yeah, no denying that Ozzie does a very nice job.

Backup

User Info Menu

....and now he's complaining about poor treatment, like he knows what it is. Article from ESPN.com

BALTIMORE -- [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/bal/baltimore-ravens"]Baltimore Ravens[/URL] safety [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3552/ed-reed"]Ed Reed[/URL] offered a pointed critique of the NFL on Sunday night, specifically about the way the league has been policing its defensive players.
    Speaking after the Ravens' 23-20 loss to the [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers"]Pittsburgh Steelers[/URL], Reed said the NFL is turning into "powder puff" football and compared commissioner Roger Goodell to a president who doesn't have to answer to Congress and simply can pass whatever laws he pleases.

If they was really so concerned about the violence and the injuries and players getting hurt, answer this question for me: Why is there 'Thursday Night Football?' We played three games in 17 days (earlier this season)? Why?
    ” -- Ravens safety Ed Reed
    Reed had his recent one-game suspension for a series of illegal hits overturned on appeal, but the eight-time All-Pro player feels like the changes in the game are affecting the way he plays.
    "It sucks, man," Reed said. "It sucks really bad. It affects me, man. I thought about it coming into this game, cause obviously it happened the last time we played."
    Three weeks ago, when the Ravens and Steelers met at Heinz Field, Reed was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Pittsburgh wide receiver [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13295/emmanuel-sanders"]Emmanuel Sanders[/URL]. The NFL, saying it was taking into account Reed's history as a repeat offender under the league's "defenseless player" policy, said it was suspending him for Baltimore's game against the [URL="http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/sd/san-diego-chargers"]San Diego Chargers[/URL] the following week, a decision that would have cost Reed $423,529 in salary.
    Reed and the NFL Players Association appealed the league's decision, and arbiter Ted Cotrell overturned the suspension and reduced the fine to $50,000.
    Reed, however, remains angry about the experience. In fact, he went so far as to say he feels like he was being punished for declining when the NFL asked him for a favor, although he wasn't specific about what he was asked to do.
    "I feel like (the NFL) was trying to make an example out of a couple of things that happened a week before," Reed said. "I didn't want to do something for the NFL. A little bug told me there was something in the air about that, that they kind of had it out for me. That's bad. I was like, 'If you're not going to support me as a player in your league, in our league, why would you think I was going to come back and wear something on my shoulder pads to support you when you're just fining us?' "
    Reed's not the only player to criticize the NFL and Goodell this season. Several Steelers have expressed frustration over what they perceive as Goodell abusing his power under the new collective bargaining agreement. Reed said Sunday he believes the league is trying to promote "powder puff" football.
    "It's definitely changing the game," Reed said. "It's become an offensive league. They want more points. They want the physical play out of it, kind of. They want like powder puff to where you can just run around and score points 'cause that's going to attract the fans. I understand you want to make money, but bending the rules and making the game different, you know, it's only going to make the game worse."

AFC North blog

ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division [URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth"]blog[/URL]. • [URL="http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation"]Blog network: NFL Nation[/URL]

Even though Reed won his appeal, he said he feels as though there aren't enough checks and balances in the system.
    "All of the sudden the NFL is about to be sued for all the stuff that they haven't protected over the years and they haven't done," Reed said. "Now you want to take it out on us? Nah, take it out on yourself. It's easy for them to do the things they're doing, fining us and make us look bad, like we're the bad guy, when we're not."
    Reed said he feels particularly let down by Ray Anderson, the NFL's executive vice president who helped make the initial decision to fine and suspend him.
    "That was crazy for the wording they were using, like 'malicious,' " Reed said, "(that) 'I'm a malicious player.' Ray Anderson talking about how I'm a dirty player. After 11 years now I'm a dirty? Serious man? ... It's definitely hurting the game, but they don't care so much about it 'cause they're going to continue to make their money. If they was really so concerned about the violence and the injuries and players getting hurt, answer this question for me: Why is there Thursday night football? We played three games in 17 days (earlier this season)? Why?"
    Kevin Van Valkenburg is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]