Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys, relax. When you read the facts of this article, and not the author's slant, I don't see any disrespect.

A player is asked if he is surprised that Batch played well.
    He says no.
    Reed calls bullsh!t on him, meaning that he probably is, or should be, surprised with how well Batch played.

I being surprised that he played so well disrespectful? No. I know a lot of fans on this board who called this game a guaranteed loss. There were threads in which we were proclaimed a 6-6 team going into the last 4 games, so how can we feel disrespected by their surprise.

We all know that there is enough garbage in that organization, beginning with their HC, but this is not disrespect.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Guys, relax. When you read the facts of this article, and not the author's slant, I don't see any disrespect.

He says no.
    Reed calls bullsh!t on him, meaning that he probably is, or should be, surprised with how well Batch played.

I being surprised that he played so well disrespectful? No. I know a lot of fans on this board who called this game a guaranteed loss. There were threads in which we were proclaimed a 6-6 team going into the last 4 games, so how can we feel disrespected by their surprise.

We all know that there is enough garbage in that organization, beginning with their HC, but this is not disrespect.
    That was the take I had as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Reed saying things of this nature doesn't bother me at all, he's probably the best free safety to ever play the game. Joe Flacco saying he should have hung 30 or 40 on the Steelers is the statement that hits a nerve, he hasn't done anything in this league to speak of and to make that statement after losing to the Steelers with their third string quarterback, their pro-bowl center playing guard, a 7th round pick projected to be a guard playing tackle and giving up another strip sack fumble late in the game, that takes some big brass ones.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

He says no.

I'm taking it as disrespect because I love more reasons to loathe the Ratbirds.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Antoin Boldin is the biggest piece of sh*t I have seen in a long time and he fits right into the Raven ways.
    I know it's common for a receiver to push for a flag when there's some contact, but he's is on another level. Boldin is in the refs face after just about every play involving him.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I know it's common for a receiver to push for a flag when there's some contact, but he's is on another level. Boldin is in the refs face after just about every play involving him.
    Cedrick Wilson was his hero.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    At least it's better than Wally looking for and trying to get a flag while the ball is still in the air.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Ravens are dirty and they have no respect. I want to knock them off in the playoffs and then hear Ryan Clark interviewed and call Flacco out as the ****tty QB that he is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ed Reed saying things of this nature doesn't bother me at all, he's probably the best free safety to ever play the game. Joe Flacco saying he should have hung 30 or 40 on the Steelers is the statement that hits a nerve, he hasn't done anything in this league to speak of and to make that statement after losing to the Steelers with their third string quarterback, their pro-bowl center playing guard, a 7th round pick projected to be a guard playing tackle and giving up another strip sack fumble late in the game, that takes some big brass ones.

Pappy
    good post $$$$
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha