Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ed Reed disrespects Charlie Batch

Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

BALTIMORE – Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch put together one of the finest games of his career as the soon-to-been 38-year-old quarterback threw for 276 yards and a touchdown in a 23-20 win over the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

So, of course, the hot topic in the Ravens’ locker room was how the third-stringer was able to perform so well against one of the top teams in the NFL.
    The Ravens were complimentary of Batch, for the most part that is.
    Perennial All-Pro and future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed, well, he said nice things about Batch, but also took a couple shots at him as well.

When asked if he was surprised by Batch’s performance, Reed said: “It is not surprising at all … well, maybe a little bit.”
    But that wasn’t anything compared to a couple minutes before that when teammate Bernard Pollard was asked the same question about Batch.
    “Were you surprised that Charlie Batch was able to make those kind of throws against you guys,” a reporter asked.
    Pollard responded with: “No, he is a professional quarterback. He is on the roster for a reason …”
    Just as Pollard said that, Reed, whose locker is next to Pollard’s and was getting dressed at the time, did the old pretend-like-you-are-coughing-but-saying-a-derogatrory-word-under-your-breath gimmick.
    “Bull(expletive),” Reed said trying to mask the comment with a cough.
    Give Pollard credit because he kept on with his praise of Batch without even blinking an eye.
    “He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard said.
    Last edited by JAR; 12-03-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Reed can disrespect THIS. Jerk-off.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Their entire organization is all about being disrespectful. I have no respect for their front office, coaches or teams. They do have some good individual players I'm sure when it comes down to having talent and manners but as a whole, they are a classless organization and always will be. That was their identity from the start and it will be that way forever.

Lewis has an ego that could fill the Grand Canyon and he is this teams identity and they feed off of him and it will pass from low life player to low life player from now on. We thought they they had a tool in their last coach Billick and they did but, they have a real piece of work in this new coach.

Do you see how unproffessional their players act on the field and how they mouth off non stop ? Antoin Boldin is the biggest piece of sh*t I have seen in a long time and he fits right into the Raven ways.

I have no respect for the team, organization, coaching, 97% of their players or their fans. Someday I'll tell yinz how I really feel.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Antoin Boldin is the biggest piece of sh*t I have seen in a long time and he fits right into the Raven ways.
    I know it's common for a receiver to push for a flag when there's some contact, but he's is on another level. Boldin is in the refs face after just about every play involving him.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I know it's common for a receiver to push for a flag when there's some contact, but he's is on another level. Boldin is in the refs face after just about every play involving him.
    Cedrick Wilson was his hero.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    At least it's better than Wally looking for and trying to get a flag while the ball is still in the air.

Legend

User Info Menu

These douchebags stole a team from Cleveland. What did anyone expect? You lie down with dirty dogs and you're gonna get fleas.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    These douchebags stole a team from Cleveland. What did anyone expect? You lie down with dirty dogs and you're gonna get fleas.
    Yep. ....and ticks.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I still can't figure out how anyone could be a fan of the Cave-ins. No tradition, USFL-looking uniforms and helmets, idiotic team nickname, smug head coach, etc. Just not a very appealing organization to root for.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd expect nothing better from a team coached by a Harbaugh.