Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benching Mendenhall ... Tomlin's equivalent of Cowher's spitting?

Legend

User Info Menu

Benching Mendenhall ... Tomlin's equivalent of Cowher's spitting?

In my mind's eye I can see Cowher grabbing a player by the collarbone, one who has just messed up in a very non-Steeler way, putting his chin 2 inches from the other guy, and start yelling at him while painting him with the trademark Cowher Shower.

Well Coach T doesn't exactly do that, but I think he really shook up the locker room in his own way this week. Sitting Mendy down, whatever he did with Wallace (what exactly did he do, I missed what the announcers said), plus who knows what else he did behind closed doors - whatever it was, it sure worked.

I think Tomlin grew as a coach this week - it's awesome.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't seem to work for Wallace. He looked like a 4th WR once again.

Legend

User Info Menu

The announcers said Wallace was named as a Co-Starter

Legend

User Info Menu

Until the last drive, of course. Wallace dropped 1 catch he should have made. Batch missed him on a sure TD.

And when we needed to move the ball on that last drive, Wallace came up with a couple of catches when needed.

Sanders has 3 fumbles in 2 weeks.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mendy may have carried the ball for his last time as a Steeler last week. I think he is done in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Until the last drive, of course. Wallace dropped 1 catch he should have made. Batch missed him on a sure TD.

And when we needed to move the ball on that last drive, Wallace came up with a couple of catches when needed.

Did you notice Wallace standing around while Ravens tackled the other WR's....a few times I saw him standing there watching 5 yards from the play while a guy he could of blocked makes the tackle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

High hopes held for Mendy seem dimmer now. I thought Haley would find some highly effective ways to use the best of Mendy's significant talents. It hasn't materialized much due to injuries to Mendy, on the OL, and to Ben, and due to the emergence of others. He may need a fresh start somewhere else (not with Arians - who wasted his talents, I thought). I think the talent is there and in the right system he will be productive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Mendy may have carried the ball for his last time as a Steeler last week. I think he is done in Pittsburgh.
    Yep. This is the unofficial end to Mendy's career in Pittsburgh. The team seems comfortable with Dywer and Redman moving forward.....as they should.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Crazy. I would never have imagined he couldn't be taught to not fumble, like Tiki Barber was. I wonder if there is something else going on we don't know about.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha