Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benching Mendenhall ... Tomlin's equivalent of Cowher's spitting?

Hybrid View

Benching Mendenhall ... Tomlin's equivalent of Cowher's spitting?

In my mind's eye I can see Cowher grabbing a player by the collarbone, one who has just messed up in a very non-Steeler way, putting his chin 2 inches from the other guy, and start yelling at him while painting him with the trademark Cowher Shower.

Well Coach T doesn't exactly do that, but I think he really shook up the locker room in his own way this week. Sitting Mendy down, whatever he did with Wallace (what exactly did he do, I missed what the announcers said), plus who knows what else he did behind closed doors - whatever it was, it sure worked.

I think Tomlin grew as a coach this week - it's awesome.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Didn't seem to work for Wallace. He looked like a 4th WR once again.

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Until the last drive, of course. Wallace dropped 1 catch he should have made. Batch missed him on a sure TD.

And when we needed to move the ball on that last drive, Wallace came up with a couple of catches when needed.

Sanders has 3 fumbles in 2 weeks.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Until the last drive, of course. Wallace dropped 1 catch he should have made. Batch missed him on a sure TD.

And when we needed to move the ball on that last drive, Wallace came up with a couple of catches when needed.

Did you notice Wallace standing around while Ravens tackled the other WR's....a few times I saw him standing there watching 5 yards from the play while a guy he could of blocked makes the tackle.

To be fair to Sanders you can't count the last play against the Browns as a fumble. We were tossing the ball around trying to shake somebody loose. Now the other 2 fumbles were on him. So was the dropped pass yesterday. I didn't like the fact that he did his best Limas Sweed imitation after that drop either.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    To be fair to Sanders you can't count the last play against the Browns as a fumble. We were tossing the ball around trying to shake somebody loose. Now the other 2 fumbles were on him. So was the dropped pass yesterday. I didn't like the fact that he did his best Limas Sweed imitation after that drop either.
    I don't think he was faking the shoulder...when he dove for the ball he fumbled, he landed pretty awkwardly on his shoulder and was driven into the turf by Ravens defenders...it wasn't the reason he fumbled, but I don't think he was faking...

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I don't think he was faking the shoulder...when he dove for the ball he fumbled, he landed pretty awkwardly on his shoulder and was driven into the turf by Ravens defenders...it wasn't the reason he fumbled, but I don't think he was faking...
    Maybe Goodell can make that call. Sanders might be deemed a repeat offender.

Pro Bowler
    The announcers said Wallace was named as a Co-Starter

Mendy may have carried the ball for his last time as a Steeler last week. I think he is done in Pittsburgh.