Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting: Tomlin calls at least some offensive plays

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting: Tomlin calls at least some offensive plays

[url]http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/02/coach-tomlins-post-game-comments-5/[/url]

...We gain a turnover, we give it back. I take responsibility for that on the reverse pass. I am trying to search for a significant play...
    Maybe everyone knew it but me, but I had no idea that Tomlin called any plays at all, much less offensive plays. (As it turns out, not a great call, but that's besides the point).

Now I'm always going to wonder - is that a LeBeau/Haley call, or Tomlin?

I didn't need that in my life!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually didn't mind the reverse pass one bit. 9 times out of 10 that DB starts tracking Brown to get in the play and Dwyer is wide open.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that play shouldn't have been run. If the Steelers have any semblance of a running game up to that point it might have helped. Since they had no running game that play is difficult as no one on the Ravens was fooled.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    that play shouldn't have been run. If the Steelers have any semblance of a running game up to that point it might have helped. Since they had no running game that play is difficult as no one on the Ravens was fooled.
    You don't need to establish a running game to have a fake WR around work. We run that play a couple times a game without the throwback.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That play is very effective in making an over pursuing team that's getting beat on the run susceptible to looking into the backfield. Since the steelers had no run game at that point, the DBs for the Ravens were ready for the pass and it was picked. I am not saying it can't be run, but it would work better if the steelers were running the ball better. It was the wrong call in that point in the game.

Starter

User Info Menu

Well thanks for that information. Now im not mad at haley. I was cursing his name after it happened

Legend

User Info Menu

Plays like that are often called by the head coach. Your run of the mill gameplan plays are called by the OC. He might not have even made the call, he might have just asked Haley for some razzle dazzle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I actually didn't mind the reverse pass one bit. 9 times out of 10 that DB starts tracking Brown to get in the play and Dwyer is wide open.
    I agree. If Brown just puts it a little further up field Dwyer runs right under that pass and the DB can't make a play. Just slightly underthrown.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd much rather have Tomlin meddling in the offense than some guy named Whisenhunt in Arizona. How bad a head coach is he?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd much rather have Tomlin meddling in the offense than some guy named Whisenhunt in Arizona. How bad a head coach is he?
    For those who have been complaining about having Charlie Batch as a third string QB, I introduce you to............

Ryan Lindley - [url]http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanlindley/2532894/profile[/url]

50 for 103, 448 yds, 0 TDs, 5 ints on the season