Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charlie-Ben embrace

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Charlie-Ben embrace

I don't care even if we are spoiled, jaded Steeler fans. That hug at the last of the game between those two says it all. If this is all we got out of Charlie for hanging around 3 years too long, it was worth it. That image said it all: The win meant everything to Charlie, as he went out as awesome as possible, other than winning the Super Bowl. He went out and found a way to beat the hated Ravens when the season hung in he balance, and now we got Troy back (although, as I predicted, he was looking chubby but will work his gut off), Harrison is truly almost back into full form (sack with forced fumble), DeCastro is back, and will be playing soon, Dwyer actually is playing hard for a full game.

I hate to tell the rest of the league, but if this team makes it to the post season, they could be as dangerous as any AFC team out there.

Oh, and since it's mandatory to bitch about something, Sanders, you almost single-handily cost us the game. Grow up. Man up. Don't take lessons from Wall-@SS.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have picture or link?

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Special moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was truly emotional and basically summed up the game in a single image. Climbing the mountain several times in that game and finally reaching the top put a toll on that team and the qb. As the clock ticked down to the 2 minute warning they showed the huddle and batch was taking command and it looked as if he was giving a good speech trying to fire the players up. It was pretty inspiring from the little you could see on tv. But nevertheless, that is what a backup should do. Make up for lack of ability with leadership. At least we got that out of him. If losing the way this team did the last couple weeks meant getting this win, then I suppose it was worth it.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta say, I got a tear in my eye on that hug. Batch was amped. Good for Charlie. Might be his last NFL start or even snaps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Gotta say, I got a tear in my eye on that hug. Batch was amped. Good for Charlie. Might be his last NFL start or even snaps.
    Gotta say, me too.

I think Charlie did too, that's what pushed me over the edge.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, that was a great moment. Man, it pumped me up even more. Need the pic for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

No charge!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    No charge!!!!
    Thanks DJ ............

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Thanks DJ ............
    We aim to serve.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]