Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sweezy money!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The wonder of PEDs?
    There may be drugs you could take which could possibly help you kick farther, but is there anything available that could help you kick straighter?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    There may be drugs you could take which could possibly help you kick farther, but is there anything available that could help you kick straighter?
    If you get bigger muscles, you often lose flexibility. So if your leg is limited in motion, it's probably easier to be more accurate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I seriously was scared that Shanks'em was on our roster. I still am! i'm scared everytime he kicks. althought no matter who's our kicker i'm scared whenever a kicker kicks. I'd never wanna be a kicker!!
    Me too. I trusted Gary Anderson when I was younger. He was the last and only kicker I trusted.

I also had faith in Pats 3 time SuperBowl MVP Adam Vinaterri. Didn't really care for him though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Me too. I trusted Gary Anderson when I was younger. He was the last and only kicker I trusted.

I also had faith in Pats 3 time SuperBowl MVP Adam Vinaterri.
    Didn't really care for him though.
    Who missed the FG in Indy that sent us on our way to Lombardi #5 after BMac broke up 1 (2?) PManning fade passes into the EZ ... was that him?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Who missed the FG in Indy that sent us on our way to Lombardi #5 after BMac broke up 1 (2?) PManning fade passes into the EZ ... was that him?
    That was Mike Vanderjagt...

Legend

User Info Menu

Suisham AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Steelers kicker Shaun Suisham was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his outstanding performance versus the Baltimore Ravens in Week 13.

This marks the third time Suisham has been named Special Teams Player of the Week in his career and the second time this season (vs. Philadelphia, Week 5). Prior to that, Suisham was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Week 9 of the 2007 season when he was a member of the Washington Redskins.

Suisham was a perfect 3-for-3 (46, 41, 42) on field goals in the 23-20 victory over the Ravens. His final field goal was a game-winning 42-yarder as time expired. It marked the seventh game-winning field goal of his career, his third this season and fifth as a Steeler.

Suisham has made 24-of-25 FGs this season, and has connected on his last 13 attempts. He also converted both PATs in the contest, extending his career-long streak of consecutive PATs made to 100.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Suisham-AFC-Special-Teams-Player-of-the-Week/aaeaeaf5-5270-4c51-9495-b888bdf74bd9[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Canadian kicker Suisham enjoying life as Steelers' star

The Associated Press Posted: Dec 6, 2012

Kicker Shaun Suisham of the Pittsburgh Steelers runs off the field after kicking the game winning field goal to give the Steelers a 23-20 win over the Baltimore Ravens last Sunday. (Rob Carr/Getty Images)

When Shaun Suisham steps onto the field with the game on the line, the Pittsburgh Steelers kicker doesn't think about the packed stadium or the millions watching at home on TV. He doesn't worry about the way the wind is blowing or if holder Drew Butler is going to get the laces right.

Instead, Suisham thinks about the sacrifices made by the other 44 players dressed in black-and-gold just so the affable 30-year-old Canadian could step in and be the hero.

"He knows how much work the other guys put into the game to that point and it's great to be able to put a win on top of it for everybody," long snapper Greg Warren said.

Something Suisham has gotten pretty good at this fall. The Wallaceburg, Ont., native leads the NFL in field goal percentage, making 24 of 25 kicks, and has already drilled three game-winners, including a 42-yarder last Sunday at the gun to beat rival Baltimore on the road.

It's rarified air for any kicker, though you wouldn't know it by talking to Suisham. Asked what it means to be in the midst of a career year in a line of work where you're only as good as your next kick, and all Suisham does is shrug his shoulders.

"It's my job," he said.

One that he's gotten pretty good at. While Suisham doesn't have the strongest leg in the league — his range is career-long is a relatively modest 52 yards — at the moment he'll happily settle for the most accurate kicker in the game.

"He's in a zone right now," Warren said.

The Steelers (7-5) have needed him to be in a season where there has been little wiggle room. Only three of Pittsburgh's dozen games have been decided by more than a touchdown, and Suisham's right foot has provided the difference in victories over Philadelphia, Kansas City and the Ravens.

The kicks against the Eagles (34 yards) and Chiefs (23 yards) were relative gimmes. Baltimore, however, proved a little trickier. Yet his boot from the right hashmark was good all the way and for once the normally reserved Suisham decided to celebrate a little bit, giving a fist pump while getting mobbed by his teammates.

Finding a home

It was a rare show of emotion from a player who has learned to take emotion out of the equation. It's no easy task in one of the most stressful and disposable positions in the game.

Suisham, however, has found a sweet spot this fall after a bumpy 2011 in which he made just 74 per cent (23 of 31) of his kicks. He had to beat out Dan Hrapmann in training camp over the summer and barring a case of the shanks he'll easily set a personal best in field goals made and field goal percentage.

Not bad for a player who came into the league a little wide-eyed in 2005 and spent the first five seasons of his career bouncing back and forth between Dallas and Washington.

"He's come a long way," said Pittsburgh offensive co-ordinator Todd Haley, who was an assistant with the Cowboys during Suisham's brief stints in Dallas in 2005 and 2006. "You can see that he's developed into a heck of a kicker. When those young kickers come into the league, especially you're in Dallas, you're coming in to fill in for somebody that didn't pass the test…that's a lot of pressure."

Something Suisham hasn't gotten used to in Pittsburgh. He provided a steadying presence at the position after replacing an erratic Jeff Reed midway through the 2010 season, making all but one of his 15 field goal attempts.

Things were shakier in the playoffs, where Suisham missed a pair of kicks, including a 52-yarder in the third quarter of a 31-25 loss to Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Aiming for perfection

Like most perfectionists, it's the failures that tend to weigh on Suisham's mind more than the success. Mention how accurate he's been this year and Suisham notes the one miss — a 54-yarder with 54 seconds remaining that would have given the Steelers the lead in a game they ended up losing 26-23 to Tennessee on Oct. 11.

"I should have made it," Suisham said.

He hasn't missed since, one of the main reasons Pittsburgh heads into Sunday's game against San Diego in the hunt for a third straight playoff berth.

"It's very comforting for everybody involved when you have a kicker you can count on," Haley said.

Even if Suisham takes nothing for granted, not even the prospect of making his first Pro Bowl. That would put him in elite company and to be honest, he'd rather not think about it.

"I don't know what I consider myself," Suisham said. "I'm just trying to make every kick they ask me to kick. I consider myself the best kicker on this team."

[URL]http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/story/2012/12/06/sp-nfl-football-pittsburgh-steelers-canadian-kicker-shaun-suisham.html[/URL]

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude looks like he's 12 years old.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Dude looks like he's 12 years old.
    Well the maybe he will be able to kick field goals from the other side of the 50 after he done with puberty

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.