Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Charlie-Ben embrace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Have picture or link?

Kindle
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Send the bill to Ruthless
    Great...we are running a bit low on T.P. here in the office.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I didn't want to admit that, but now since others are, yea, me too. He put everything he had out there, and he probably knows it might be the last time ever. And just think if this is the launch that leads to another ring. Then we will remember this forever.
    Ditto. I was getting choked up.

Made for TV movie moment!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I would have loved to hear what he was saying, but I totally felt the leadership in his mannerisms as he spoke. I am guessing he said something like, "We are GOING to win this Mother _____. When we snap that football after the 2 minute warning, we ARE going to make the plays we have to make to win this game." Or something like that. Or maybe, "Get focused. We got to win this thing. I need your 100% effort from now on."

Both seeing CB speaking in that huddle and the image of the embrace at the end of the game with Ben were special Steeler moments that I will not forget for a long time. Amazing stuff.
    I think I heard someone say Charlie said don't get a stupid penalty and hold on to the ball. Just real basic stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who was the coach that came up and hugged Charlie and Ben at the end? At first I thought it was Tomlin but he was busy dissing Hairball out on the field.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think I heard someone say Charlie said don't get a stupid penalty and hold on to the ball. Just real basic stuff.
    Whatever he said, he said it with emotion and passion. He took control. When I saw that, I said to myself, "We're going to win this game".

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I know he didn't play well last week and no one hated it more than him, but having to listen to all the ridiculous nonsense that was being spewed, because he played poorly was more than anyone should really have to face because they play a game for a living. Batch has been nothing but a great Steeler, great teammate and pretty darn good backup or third string quarterback. He didn't deserve what he got, if he acted and like Jamarcus Russel or Cam Newton or Ryan Leaf or Jeff George then I could see ripping him for a bad game, but not when the guy has been a professional and carries himself the way he has while he's been a Steeler.

I'm more happy for him than I am the Steelers won; he just didn't deserve the beating he took in the media, IMO. He made Steeler Nation proud today.

Pappy
    Charlie Batch has been the ultimate professional on this team, or any team. He completely understands his role and is comfortable with it. There is another player I watched yesterday that I consider to be another example of the ultimate professional and wouldn't you know it, he is a former Pitt player. I watched Larry Fitzergald trying to make plays with their 3rd string QB who had about as awful a game as I have seen. No complaints from Fitz, no head hanging or raging with horrible passes thrown. Really felt bad for him thinking he might never get to the big dance through no fault of his own. Just get back in the huddle for the next play. Compare that to a TO or Chad Johnson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace still wants Larry Fitzgerald money.
    Fitzgerald has 56 catches for 650 yards and 4 TD's.
    Wallace has 52 catches for 616 yards and 6 TD's.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Who was the coach that came up and hugged Charlie and Ben at the end? At first I thought it was Tomlin but he was busy dissing Hairball out on the field.
    I think that was Coach Kirby Wilson...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mike Wallace still wants Larry Fitzgerald money.
    Fitzgerald has 56 catches for 650 yards and 4 TD's.
    Wallace has 52 catches for 616 yards and 6 TD's.

If Fitzgerald had Ben, he'd have 108, 1266, and 10 by himself.