Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charlie-Ben embrace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Charlie-Ben embrace

I don't care even if we are spoiled, jaded Steeler fans. That hug at the last of the game between those two says it all. If this is all we got out of Charlie for hanging around 3 years too long, it was worth it. That image said it all: The win meant everything to Charlie, as he went out as awesome as possible, other than winning the Super Bowl. He went out and found a way to beat the hated Ravens when the season hung in he balance, and now we got Troy back (although, as I predicted, he was looking chubby but will work his gut off), Harrison is truly almost back into full form (sack with forced fumble), DeCastro is back, and will be playing soon, Dwyer actually is playing hard for a full game.

I hate to tell the rest of the league, but if this team makes it to the post season, they could be as dangerous as any AFC team out there.

Oh, and since it's mandatory to bitch about something, Sanders, you almost single-handily cost us the game. Grow up. Man up. Don't take lessons from Wall-@SS.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have picture or link?

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Have picture or link?

Kindle
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    That's what it's all about. Way to go Charlie.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Special moment.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was truly emotional and basically summed up the game in a single image. Climbing the mountain several times in that game and finally reaching the top put a toll on that team and the qb. As the clock ticked down to the 2 minute warning they showed the huddle and batch was taking command and it looked as if he was giving a good speech trying to fire the players up. It was pretty inspiring from the little you could see on tv. But nevertheless, that is what a backup should do. Make up for lack of ability with leadership. At least we got that out of him. If losing the way this team did the last couple weeks meant getting this win, then I suppose it was worth it.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    It was truly emotional and basically summed up the game in a single image. Climbing the mountain several times in that game and finally reaching the top put a toll on that team and the qb. As the clock ticked down to the 2 minute warning they showed the huddle and batch was taking command and it looked as if he was giving a good speech trying to fire the players up. It was pretty inspiring from the little you could see on tv. But nevertheless, that is what a backup should do. Make up for lack of ability with leadership. At least we got that out of him. If losing the way this team did the last couple weeks meant getting this win, then I suppose it was worth it.
    I would have loved to hear what he was saying, but I totally felt the leadership in his mannerisms as he spoke. I am guessing he said something like, "We are GOING to win this Mother _____. When we snap that football after the 2 minute warning, we ARE going to make the plays we have to make to win this game." Or something like that. Or maybe, "Get focused. We got to win this thing. I need your 100% effort from now on."

Both seeing CB speaking in that huddle and the image of the embrace at the end of the game with Ben were special Steeler moments that I will not forget for a long time. Amazing stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I would have loved to hear what he was saying, but I totally felt the leadership in his mannerisms as he spoke. I am guessing he said something like, "We are GOING to win this Mother _____. When we snap that football after the 2 minute warning, we ARE going to make the plays we have to make to win this game." Or something like that. Or maybe, "Get focused. We got to win this thing. I need your 100% effort from now on."

Both seeing CB speaking in that huddle and the image of the embrace at the end of the game with Ben were special Steeler moments that I will not forget for a long time. Amazing stuff.
    I think I heard someone say Charlie said don't get a stupid penalty and hold on to the ball. Just real basic stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think I heard someone say Charlie said don't get a stupid penalty and hold on to the ball. Just real basic stuff.
    Whatever he said, he said it with emotion and passion. He took control. When I saw that, I said to myself, "We're going to win this game".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gotta say, I got a tear in my eye on that hug. Batch was amped. Good for Charlie. Might be his last NFL start or even snaps.